Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Re: For \"The Shelby Fan\"..................

Sweet ride!!!

It would be fun to buy the pos and restore it. Numbers matching 86 Omni baby!!!

·
Landscaping Professional
14,340 Posts

That's what I call an honest write-up on a car's condition if there ever was one.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

THE CHAD said:
Craig basing a car's worth on quarter mile times! :idea: :rofl:
They handle too! NImble little fuckers they are.

·
Registered
33,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Craig201MPH said:
They handle too! NImble little fuckers they are.

In stock form, they are not quite into the 12's.....more like low 14's, which is about as fast as a stock sixties Ford, GM, Mopar small block powered car. Not bade for an '80s econobox and it really wouldn't take much at all to make that little Omni, I mean SHELBY, drop into the low 13's.

I've always liked sleepers. There's just something about a homely & bland car with a fair amount of power that appeals to me. :thumb:

I'll leave it stock for when junior gets his license next year. That'll be plenty quick enough of a car for his first car. :nod:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts

Mark O said:
In stock form, they are not quite into the 12's.....more like low 14's, which is about as fast as a stock sixties Ford, GM, Mopar small block powered car. Not bade for an '80s econobox and it really wouldn't take much at all to make that little Omni, I mean SHELBY, drop into the low 13's.

I've always liked sleepers. There's just something about a homely & bland car with a fair amount of power that appeals to me. :thumb:

I'll leave it stock for when junior gets his license next year. That'll be plenty quick enough of a car for his first car. :nod:

I meant with 3K in mods :D

·
Registered
47 Posts

Pretty cool heard about these, but I am getting a new car. For my 20th birthday my entire family is pitching in and getting me a body a new enginge and 4 tires for for a 1973 Corvette Stingray.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,340 Posts

Ahh. The last of the great bodywork cars. Had a friend in high school whose dad got him a '73 454 auto. He put the yellow wires, hooker headers/sidepipes and BFG T/As on it. Sweet!

·
Registered
3,854 Posts

I used to own Shelby GLHS #225 about 15 years ago. It was a great little buzz bomb with factory adjustable Koni shocks and 50 series rubber. It would definitely take a whole bunch of V-8 cars up to around 100mph- after that well....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.