Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the Difference between a Dry SHot and a Wet shot???

which is really better???

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
A dry shot is when you only spray nitrous where as a wet shot is a nitrous and fuel mix.

The safest system to run is a wet system because it decreases your chances of running the engine lean.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Dr Roof said:
What is the Difference between a Dry SHot and a Wet shot???

which is really better???
Dry shot you aren't "supplementing" with another fuel (ie...gasoline or propane), and rely on whatever fuel is being delivered whether you are spraying or not...Usually limited to a 100 shot at the very most...

Wet shot you are "supplementing" with additional fuel, and is much safer and easier to tune your A/F mixture...

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
MOST will pressurize the fuel system on a "dry" system by using the nitrous to supply additional pressure to the injectors and providng the additional fuel supplementation that way. You can only do so much fuel supplementation so the size of the nitrous jet is typically limited to a smaller shot. Wet systems either use a separate fuel source or tap into your main fuel line and inject fuel and nitrous together through a fogger nozzel. On a separate note, you seem to talk an amazing amount of shit for having such a lackluster amount of automotive knowledge. Its no wonder that you cant be reasoned with on the advantages of a Turbo system. For someone who swears up and down that Superchargers are the shiznits and that turbo cars you dont know shit from a hole in the wall.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Smokin

You will never find anything I have ever said that would lead anyone to believe I am Mechanically Minded!

I only said My car is fast! and Has proven to be faster than any TWIN TURBO BUILT TODAY!

if it offends you that I ask a question to learn more about the Car that I love I apologize! I do not have the superior skills and understanding that you proclaim and might actually have!

However, There are Many things in Life that I am sure I know alot more about than you. I did not realize that every comment had to be pollutted by your Lack of class!!

I also use the skills that I do have to provide me with an opportunitty to Pay a Professional to build and tune my car to the specs that I desire! In this regards I stick to what I know best and rely on others to make my car fast!

Along the journey I might have questions that come up and when I do I was under the impression that these VIPER forums were for discussions and expanding ones Knowledge to help another Viper Owner! I support this site to provide me with such valuable information! when you are around everything is just an insult!

How old are you again Smokin? 12 maybe 13???? DO you even drive your VIPER??? How about reaching the pedals? that hard as well?

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Dr Roof said:
Smokin

You will never find anything I have ever said that would lead anyone to believe I am Mechanically Minded!

I only said My car is fast! and Has proven to be faster than any TWIN TURBO BUILT TODAY!

if it offends you that I ask a question to learn more about the Car that I love I apologize! I do not have the superior skills and understanding that you proclaim and might actually have!

However, There are Many things in Life that I am sure I know alot more about than you. I did not realize that every comment had to be pollutted by your Lack of class!!

I also use the skills that I do have to provide me with an opportunitty to Pay a Professional to build and tune my car to the specs that I desire! In this regards I stick to what I know best and rely on others to make my car fast!

Along the journey I might have questions that come up and when I do I was under the impression that these VIPER forums were for discussions and expanding ones Knowledge to help another Viper Owner! I support this site to provide me with such valuable information! when you are around everything is just an insult!

How old are you again Smokin? 12 maybe 13???? DO you even drive your VIPER??? How about reaching the pedals? that hard as well?
Roof, i thought your post was great until your last sentence. You preach that Jason lacks class, and then you hypocritically rebuttal with a height comment...

·
13,280 Posts
Dr Roof said:
Smokin

OOOOOH, so now you TRY to dish back some insults huh? What does that make you? A hypocrite? Hmmmmm, guess we'll have to think about that one. Im not here to please anyone, impress anyone or make you feel better. Im not going to dress something up "pretty" just so that we can do a fakey-do smile on a discussion forum. I just call it as I see it. What I see is you consistently calling out this person and that person. YOU claiming to bring the biggest and baddest. Ive heard you make blanket statements on how your car is unbeatable based on numbers. Seemingly thats ALL you can base anything on since you have admitted you arent mechanically minded. Its like the weatherman claiming a 30% chance in the rain and 20 mph winds by spitting on his finger holding it in the air and then pulling down his pants taking a leak to see how much piss blows back in his face.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SMOKIN

Based on Numbers????

·
13,280 Posts
Dr Roof said:
SMOKIN

Based on Numbers????
The point I wasy trying to make was pretty clear, but if you want to get anal retentive and start poking around trying to find a scapegoat by twisting words and taking a technicality out of context...go have at it. Just like the weatherman who pissed into the wind. He can get count the number of urine droplets that blew back into his face, but thats not gonna get him a gig on the evening news now is it?

WAR THE WEATHERMAN IN KENTUCKY PISSES FOR A LIVING!!!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Smokin said:
Dr Roof said:
SMOKIN

Based on Numbers????
The point I wasy trying to make was pretty clear, but if you want to get anal retentive and start poking around trying to find a scapegoat by twisting words and taking a technicality out of context...go have at it. Just like the weatherman who pissed into the wind. He can get count the number of urine droplets that blew back into his face, but thats not gonna get him a gig on the evening news now is it?

have a great night!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Smokin said:
Dr Roof said:
SMOKIN

Based on Numbers????

Useless, tasteless, and meaningless... The more you say Smokin, the smaller you get.

Don't defend yourself Roof, he didn't build his own car either...

·
13,280 Posts
NATE said:
Every thread same old thing, useless drabble from SMOKIN.
Thing is I was one of the only people who posted actual info on this thread. All the rest of you FUCKSTICKS are just as useless as the next. Typical windbreakers who just cant take a little simple prodding.

·
13,280 Posts
txlen said:
NATE said:
Every thread same old thing, useless drabble from SMOKIN.
and i second that!!!! :bowdown:

Mighty bold statements coming from a tech in San Antonio. Im sure the vocal guys will have GREEAAT things to say about YOU. Its no wonder most of the guys seemingly prefer sending their cars to DW.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dr Roof said:
Smokin

wouldnt u have to run under a 9.1 to be faster than the SVS TT car?
not tryin to be sarcastic..just a question

·
13,280 Posts
repete said:
Dr Roof said:
Smokin

9.1 was on an auto tranny (I think). 8.93 is the record for a TT by Hennessey on an auto.

·
Registered
216 Posts
repete said:
Dr Roof said:
Smokin

I think he was talking about six speed Turbo Vipers, not autos.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.