Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the Dealership.I had the tech flush & fill my cooling system.My car has been there a few days-understandable 1 Viper tech, 3 Vipers there before me. While it was there the tech checked the car over & when I phoned in to check on my car I was told by the Service Consultant that the tech reccomends that I also have a BG fuel induction service done @ $99.95 to remove any fuel and any carbon deposits in the system. When I asked how I could have any amount of deposits with less than 5,000 miles I was told that these cars get it from sitting around (maybe like a lawn mower that you left gas in and let sit all winter?????) Well he talked me into it.Has anyone had this done? See thumbnail for Dealership invoice with description. I hope to hook up with 95VIPER in a few weeks after he gets in his lift to get all my other fluids changed. When I picked up my car from the dealership I could notice a light mist of something (coolant or the $34.75 high-tech chemical used to pressure clean my system??) on the windshield,roof,and pass side window. I was not able to wash the car due to it being hot.I think I have enough Gold Class to protect it untill tomorrow. When I got back I opened the hood and found the same crap in my engine compartment. Maybe I should be greatful that the Dealership didn't send my car through their car wash or have their porter wash it with a shop towel. It could have been worse, I could have had a dumb ass break my hood. O well live & LEARN. Please advise on perform BG fuel induction. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not knowing any better I had him do it to keep my car in top shape. I didn't notice any difference as my car always ran strong but then again I didn't jump on it on the way home--too busy thinking about that shit sprayed all over my car. Maybe I would have been better off putting a bottle of fuel injector cleaner in the tank and jumping on the freeway. I know two things for sure,-that shit would not be all over my car and my wallet would be fatter.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Passin Gas, Seriously this is a lesson learned. If you are less than 3 hours from Dick Scott Dodge, which I know you are, never take it anywhere else! For anything. You would never get this from Rod Harris, NEVER.

I'd really like to understand what they did. I've heard of people taking carb cleaner, removing the intake hoses and cleaning out the TB's but what else would you do?

·
Registered
134 Posts
The injection cleaning is not a bad idea. I do my car every year. It is especially a good idea if you sunoco. I our go kart racing when we use sunoco it gums up my carbs if I let them sit for a week. Never a bad idea to clean ijectors it is money well spent.

When I did my vortec GM suburban I got an extra 200 km to a tank of gas

·
Registered
75 Posts
first of all, we use that B.G. PROD. here at my shop. in corpus christi, and it's a real good product. it will also remove the paint right off your car!anyways, I was reading your invoice. and I see that they wrote "pressure clean the fuel injectors throttle body, plenum,air intake system. intake valves and ports, to remove fuel and combustion chamber deposits." the injector cleaning only cleans from the injectors down! not your plenum, and not your throttle body. they make a fogging system to clean throttle body and plenum. anyways, with a fuel injection cleaning it also includes a can of "44k" in the gas tank. it's all part of the injector cleaning. by the way we charge 54.98 for that service! hell of a deal. I plan on doing the b.g.'s to my viper pretty soon. I've done it to my Chevy truck and vette. the stuff works pretty good. if you have any questions p.m. me... take care, ttyl.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.