Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Class Breakdown for the Florida V-10 Nationals!

Special Thanks to JON B at Partsrack.com and Jason And Gerald At Racing Solutions, Inc. These guys are the Largest supporters of the event and they have jumped in head first with Big Time support that without them this event would NOT be possible. Please Reward these companies with your business! Also Clark Stegall is a tremendous supporter. He has no VIper Company he just loves the sport and want to help make it happen. SPecial thank you is in order for the support of these gentlemen.

I will post a full list of Sponsors shortly.

Not Sure what class you run in. No Problem You will have Test N Tune TIme on Sunday to determine the proper class you will run. (We will Help you)

We will be having a Rookie Drag Racing saftey and Beginner Class. If you have never Drag Raced or would like more info on the sport we will take time to go over basic rules of saftey and staging rules. SAFETY IS A CONCERN AND WE WILL PROMOTE SAFETY AWARENESS.

Stock Class 12.00 and up
Street Class 11.50 - 11.99
Super Street 11.00 - 11.49
Pro Street 10.50 - 10.99
Super Pro Street 9.90 - 10.49
Unlimited 9.35 - 9.89
unlimited Pro Viper Vin # Required (Any Mods ALlowed)

Street Tire Shoot-out seperate from above owner must Drive the Car!
Winner of street Tire shoot-out Recieves $500.00 Cash (Viper Alley) and
a set of rear pilots from JON B at partsRack.com.

Individual Driving Awards will be given as well as top 3 finishers.
Mod Level awards will be given as well.
Fastest Roe Blower
Fastest NOS Only
Fastest Supercharged Only
Fastest Turbo's
Fastest All Motor
Event best 60 ft Time
Event best Reaction Time
Event Highest MPH
Event Low ET

Race Point Series

Show 10 Points
winner of each round 5 points
Finals
First Place 15 points
Second Place 10 Points
Third Place 5 Points

These points will accumalate between the series and each class winner will recieve a Championship award as well as Cash at the Series Finals in Texas in December.

I am currently working on a website www.Viperv10nationals.com that will be up and running soon. we will post results as well as pictures and Videos as the series moves forward.

If any questions always feel free to give me a call at 502-376-1484

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Roof
Looking good and thanks for all the work that you are putting in. (question) To take any of the final championship awards you must make all of the races, correct or have great runs when you are racing.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jkracer
the idea is to encourage people to attend all the races. you must attend a minimum of 4 of the 6 races to qualify for the championship awards package.

we want to award the people that make the races. It will be worth it.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
for fastest supercharger only what about those with water or methane, etc injection, does that count as another power adder?

G

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No
Water is not a power adder, Not sure about the Methonal? Will have to check!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Water/methanol is literally window washer fluid! Methanol by itself is just a race fuel, 110 octane. So if they were to count this as a power adder they would have to plug off everyones window washer reservoir and no one would be allowed to run race fuel. In fact, there are several kits out there that actually use the window washer reservoir for their water/methanol tank.

Good luck to everyone at the big event. I wish I were able to attend but circumstances would not allow.

The only problem for me is that san antonio is the championship race and you have to attend 4 events but SA is the closest to me. I guess I won't be attending anymore events because there are not any close enough to me.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
thnx for all the work roof. i look forward to attending em all if possible. i hope the attendance grows each time, never have too many vipers for an event IMO

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Gerald said:
for fastest supercharger only what about those with water or methane, etc injection, does that count as another power adder?

G
If that's the case, all the DLM cars with the race fuel cell are running two power adders. (no I don't have any injection on my car yet)

p.s. Don't forget the other second power adder = intercooler :nod:

p.s.s. Are we running pro tree or full tree ?

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Jerome said:
1TONY1 said:
Tel me you're kidding Tony
No, Believe it or not some race series add weight for an intercooler.

Simple answer: If you add an intercooler, will it make more power = yes, therefore it is a power adder. Take it away and you lose power. I agree, that's stretching it ....same thing as saying water or water/methonal injection is a power adder.

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts
1TONY1 said:
Jerome said:
1TONY1 said:
Tel me you're kidding Tony
No, Believe it or not some race series add weight for an intercooler.

Simple answer: If you add an intercooler, will it make more power = yes, therefore it is a power adder. Take it away and you lose power. I agree, that's stretching it ....same thing as saying water or water/methonal injection is a power adder.
So with that ass backwards thinking headers, intakes, etc, etc can be classified as power adders.

Who comes up with these stupid rules? I think that those people should look at the NHRA rulebook and learn a thing or three.

That last statement has nothing to do with the V10 Nationals or its rules.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
True. Do you think water injection or water methonal injection would be considered a power adder.

Mind you, Geralds post is asking about the trophy for fastest blower car. Surely the DLM cars aren't worried about any lowly Roe s/c cars ? Woops....I forgot all the trophies Utahviper took home in SAT. :nuts:

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm shaking in my boots!!!

Honestly - I think the Roe cars have alot of potential. Todd (UtahVIper) car was most impressive! I'm not concerned with the water or other meth injection I was asked a question and I still do not really know. I think Meth is like a fuel so I'm not sure but it will not keep someone from winning any awards!

I got a feeling Tony will show up with something surprising! let us know now tony so we can be prepared!

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Dr Roof said:
!

I got a feeling Tony will show up with something surprising! let us know now tony so we can be prepared!
Haha, I wish. Believe me, you have no worries.

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
We always have to worry about Tony.......if we didn't, WHO would worry about him?????...besides Red5 /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Cudaman :flag:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts