Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I bought the car I've been having problems with the drivers side floor mat.

It keeps slipping up. It has a clip from the factory, but it only holds for about 5 mins. Then the mat starts creeping up. This caused the old mats to deform at the top. I just got brand new ones from Dodge, They are doing the same thing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know ow to solve it?

I know this is a rather petty problem but I'm kind of anal when it comes to my car and this is really starting to frustrate me.

Bill

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
thicker mats; problem solved. or take it out which is better anyway if racing

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want to take them out, because as i mantioned before I very picky with my cars. I can buy new mats as they begin to ware, but if once the carpet is shot its not so easy.

Bill

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
everyone has thi sproblem...snakeoyl or other aftermarkets will solve your problems, I assure you..

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
punch a hole in the end of the mat and use a long zip-tie to attach it to the seat frame. No more slidy mats!

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
2002GTS said:
Ever since I bought the car I've been having problems with the drivers side floor mat.

It keeps slipping up. It has a clip from the factory, but it only holds for about 5 mins. Then the mat starts creeping up. This caused the old mats to deform at the top. I just got brand new ones from Dodge, They are doing the same thing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know ow to solve it?

I know this is a rather petty problem but I'm kind of anal when it comes to my car and this is really starting to frustrate me.

Bill
Bill - your mat problems can be solved by aftermarket floormats. You can get the Snake Oyl mats; their website is down, but the link to their phone # is here: Link or from the Northern California VCA: Link.

Hope this helps; these mats wont slide at all, but they are a bit more pricey.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bill --

Try Auto Zone -- if not, try hooking back to the Bell home page and look for a list of who carries their parts in your area. Worse comes to worse, I'll pick some up for you at our local Murray's Discount Auto Parts store and mail them to you'll reimburse their cost and postage. I believe the clips are a whole $1.99, plus tax.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Passin Gas - I bought the clips and they work great for me. I sent you a PM. Bring them when we change your fluids and we'll see why they aren't working for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.