Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if anyone sells a flat hardtop for gen II rt/10s. Something smooth, like the Jay Leno style (not the double bubble). Please let me know,

Andy

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Now this hardtop kicks ass. Who makes this one and also, will it fit a GEN 2 (seeing this is a GEN 1).

[image]http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/500/524Flat_Hardtop.JPG[/image]

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
hey austin i am in that pic. in the leather jacket dam thats a shitty pic. i need to get back to the gym

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
you fat pig........ /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
259 Posts
Andy,

The gen 1 should be ready around first week of April, Gen 2's could be ready late April or sooner if a new mold does not have to be made. The Gen 2 styling will be closer to the look of the purple car pictured above with the higher opening toward the back of the door window. This could be a simple matter of trimming the existing design to allow the higher door pillar and glass windows. If that is not the case and things don't fit or look right, expect the Gen 2 tops to be ready mid May.

I am highly considering making a top like the one above (solid one piece) for about 1/3 less money than the Trunk Top (offering both).

I have seen a handful of pics of the Aluminum TGF top (Jay Leno) that is no longer available. The one in the pic above is not it unless it has been modified. Whoever did it, it looks GREAT. That is the style I really like (obviously). I also wish I knew who built it, maybe a home made job?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyway, I see you are in Michigan and there is a Viper meet on April 25 at Meadowbrook Country Club that will display all of the vendors new products. I will be there with my car so you can do a full examination of the top and we will also be offering coupons that day for product sold. If you can't wait, feel free to come to Holly to our shop and check out the Aluminum prototype. I would love to get some outside input. It's a bit scratched from having Clay modeling and cement poured over it to make a base for the fiberglass mold, but it still looks good for display and hands on operation.

Thanks for you interest.

Jeff

1 - 14 of 14 Posts