Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No not in a Viper in a 4k lb aussie sedan, Chuck this was the car I chauffeured you from Cota to Dons house in

Sorry for the potato picture the wife was using her phone, the track photographer should have his stuff up tomorrow.

After five sessions they bumped me into blue where I managed to string some 1:58s together on some not so track friendly 255-40 Indy 500s and 285-35 Conti extreme contacts (320 tread wear tires) they are good for the street and extremely close to the PS4S for a fraction of the price. On the track however they do not like getting pushed, they are a good tire to learn on I got a lot of feedback as they squashed and squirmed trying to keep the car pointed where I wanted it. I think it surprised a lot of people most didn't know what it was.

The instructor encouraged me to run COTA with it, if/when I do new tires will be mounted and the stock brembo pads will be upgraded.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,148 Posts
You are now a baptised Texas Track Rat! Is that a Pontiac, or a LHD Holden?

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are now a baptised Texas Track Rat! Is that a Pontiac, or a LHD Holden?
That is the Chevy SS (VF Commodore, same as the older G8 VE Commodore). I am not a fan of the Chevy badge and since the car was built in Australia a lot of us put the Holden badges back on. You probably drove the older model around the track in Brisbane. 2014-2017 was the last hurrah for the Commodore before they shut the plant down in 2017 and then killed Holden off as a brand last year.

If I track it again it will be at Cota and I probably wont take it out again due to the limited production and scarcity of parts we are already seeing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts