Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some good passes, one of the local viper owners gave me some good tips and I managed a first pass of 12.6x @ 117 MPH, followed by a 12.601 @ 116 MPH.

Made several other runs that were very similar too, kills include 71 Camaro (Big cam, slicks), Lancer EVO, Mustang GT (Procharger?) and a truck.

Overall, this car kicks major ass, right now I am going to go do some work but I will post pics later tonight.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
You need some more practice. The shifts should be instantaneous, and you should be leaving the line with the tires at the edge of adhesion. Usually shifting at or just before redline and MAKING THEM QUICK is one of the main differences between the slow guys and the fast guys behind the wheels of vipers. Power shifting doesn't really yeild too much gain, so I wouldn't do it for the sake of your clutch over time.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Don't pay any mind to the "practice" comments. There are so many things going on and track prep is a biiiig part of it. Your consistancy is more important.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not mention that I live at 2800 feet, at sealevel according to the NHRA altitude correction chart that is a 12.29 @ 118 MPH so I don't feel bad at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts