Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the first thing to do with a Viper if you want more power?
In witch order should the engine upgrade go?
Is there any badly constructed parts on the engine that should be fixed?

/Mike

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
personally the first thing I would do is gears. The engine won't make anymore power but it will feel faster. That and 6th gear will be usable at legal highway speeds.

That and throw the stock shifter in the garbage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Craig201MPH said:
personally the first thing I would do is gears. The engine won't make anymore power but it will feel faster. That and 6th gear will be usable at legal highway speeds.

Hmm? Gears? Open the gearbox? Tell me more please.

/Mike

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
Filters and tubes are cheap and easy. Exhaust is next.
Sounds great to? /images/graemlins/smiles I saw polished headers on one car, is this good to?
Is there any sidepipe-systems on the market?

/Mike

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Mike K said:
Craig201MPH said:

/Mike
Change the final drive ratio. The stock is 3.07. Going to 3.54's will be a whole new ballgame.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Craig201MPH said:
Mike K said:
Craig201MPH said:

/Mike
Change the final drive ratio. The stock is 3.07. Going to 3.54's will be a whole new ballgame.
Doesn´t the car get a slower topspeed with that final drive?

/Mike

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Mike K said:
Craig201MPH said:
Mike K said:
Craig201MPH said:

/Mike

/Mike
You planning to spend much time north of 170?

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
bitten,

the 307's to 345's....what xactly is diff about them? torque?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Craig201MPH said:
Mike K said:
Craig201MPH said:
Mike K said:
Craig201MPH said:

/Mike

/Mike
You planning to spend much time north of 170?
270 km/h... 300 is magic in Sweden. /images/graemlins/smiles

I get your point but it´s hard to understand all technical talk. /images/graemlins/sad

/Mike

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
The gears is a great idea until you add a lot of power. Going to 3.55's will feel like an extra 60-70 hp easy. There was someone recently trying to swap his 3.55's for the 3.07's. Don't remember what site though.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Super Squirrel said:
bitten,

the 307's to 345's....what xactly is diff about them? torque?
Spins up quicker..."feels" like alot more power...and I can pull a fairly stock Viper with just my gears...

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
bitten, what kind of price range (yes, I'm too lazy to research it) are we talking here and do you feel that the B&M ripper is the golden standard of short shifters?

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Super Squirrel said:
bitten, what kind of price range (yes, I'm too lazy to research it) are we talking here and do you feel that the B&M ripper is the golden standard of short shifters?
I feel the B&M is a waste of money...the stock shifter with a shorter shift knob (MGW) works fantastic...

You could buy an entire pumkin and cover for around $1350, keep your complete stocker, or you could drop your stocker, ship it to Unitrax, and get it back for around a grand...with shipping...

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
everyone has given you good suggestions. just one problem; you didnt say how much loot you wanna spend. thats one of the main factors. hell if you got it, then first upgrade should be a heffenr TT, itll be your first and last upgrade /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

(well, youll be doing brakes and halfshafts too hopefully /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif )

1 - 20 of 36 Posts