Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im planning on purchasing an intake kit for my '00 gts and was wondering what you viper guys recommend. i noticed that everyone does the smooth tubes and/or a variation with k&n panel filters in the stock housing or they go to the dual round k&n filters. what do you guys recommend as far as intakes go. i remember reading on the other board that the stock intake assembly(the stock square intake with smooth tubes and replacement filter) was best. does that still hold true?

also, while im posting, where does one go about finding the best price on o2 simms? i priced a set at rsi and they quoted me 115 for both. is that a good deal or is there someone who sells them cheaper? (this is in reference to gutting the cats)

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
First mod, smooth tubes and filters.

Second mod, high flow cats and a catback exhaust. It will help with the heat inside the cabin as well as the UPS truck stock exhaust note.

PS. Theres no reason to gut the cats. Just remove them entirely if you're going to go that route. They cant be seen from underneath the car anyway. Still though I would go with high flow cats over complete deletion, although I dont know what TX smog laws are like.

Eddie

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eddie, thanks for the advice.

the reason id go with gutting is that its cost effective. o2 sims would cost 100-120 bux, so unless the cats are going to be cheaper than that(also figure in labor to cut out and weld in hi-flow cats) its cheaper to do the gutting.

also, when you say k&n, im assuming you mean the cone filters as opposed to the panel replacement.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Get the smooth tubes and panel filters, cone filters do nothing as they draw in to much hot air from the engine bay.

If you are a gonna go catless (you'll need o2 sims), get pipe welded in. I wouldnt "gut" the catalysts, that is just ricey. Cost is minimal to have an exhuast shop weld up your exhaust.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
SoCal Rebell said:
1st mod, take a high speed driving course, preferably on a road course, no other car has the handling and power dynamics like the Viper :nod:

That is not a mod...I say get a set of bangin wheels!!! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Banned
26,067 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
SoCal Rebell said:
1st mod, take a high speed driving course, preferably on a road course, no other car has the handling and power dynamics like the Viper :nod:

That is not a mod...I say get a set of bangin wheels!!! /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Yeah but that allows you to keep the mods in 1 piece :nod: /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
is it almost a sure thing that the cel light comes on with removal/gutting of the cats? a friend of mine says that his 96 gts cel light didnt come on after straight pipe replacement. what do you guys think?

also, lets say i did do the cone filters. is this going to hurt performance as opposed to showing no gain at all? rsi said their cars replace the entire assembly with cones and smooth tubes. they said this was the optimum choice.

·
Registered
12,999 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
SoCal Rebell said:

just dont fuck up like Snake Bitten did and get 18's :leaving:

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
RedSnakeGTS said:
Snake Bitten said:
SoCal Rebell said:

just dont fuck up like Snake Bitten did and get 18's :leaving:

Cause all these fuckers will one up you...pricks! :nod:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts