Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '01 is at Woodhouse getting upgrades including Corsa, Bellanger headers, K&N's, smooth tubes, hi-flo cats, piggy back to ecu dyno tune and their modified shifter.

They dynoed my car before starting the upgrades. It has 1245 miles or so on the odometer and produced 365.2 rwhp and 398.3 rwtq ON A MUSTANG dyno.

They applied a correction of 25% which yielded 456.5 rwhp and 497.9 rwtq at the crank. I know 15% is applied generally to the Dynojet and was curious if the 25% is appropriate.

My question, is anyone familiar with the correction factor for a Mustang dyno? I realize they read on the low side and would appreciate anyone that has dynoed on a similar setup. The dyno tune should take place friday I believe and I will pass along the improvements when I get them.

Thanks for any input and suggestions.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Like Buckeye said, there are no corrections required for a Mustang Dyno. They provide exact numbers, unlike Dynojet, by applying a road force via an eddy current and car drag/weight data system. What you see is what you put down on the street.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Dave T(BADVENM) said:
They dynoed my car before starting the upgrades. It has 1245 miles or so on the odometer and produced 365.2 rwhp and 398.3 rwtq ON A MUSTANG dyno.

They applied a correction of 25% which yielded 456.5 rwhp and 497.9 rwtq at the

The correct #'s looks to be bhp. The great thing about a Mustang dyno is you can say your viper makes 365rwhp and run's low 12's all day long. Most people say there car makes more hp then it really does.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Tanked said:
Dave T(BADVENM) said:

They applied a correction of 25% which yielded 456.5 rwhp and 497.9 rwtq at the

The correct #'s looks to be bhp. The great thing about a Mustang dyno is you can say your viper makes 365rwhp and run's low 12's all day long. Most people say there car makes more hp then it really does.
Well my car only makes 196rwhp, and I run low tens all day long, all that night, and all the next day too! Top that, muthafucka!

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Well, I saw a Camaro with 400 rwhp run a 9.72! Since I should have around 800 rwhp, if my calculations are correct, I should run a 4.86 1/4 mile!!! And I'm a better driver than that guy, so I think I should be able to shave off that .86 to make it an even 4 seconds!! FUUUUUCK!! I am SOOO excited!! Tanked, give me your address and I'll send you the video! You are an inspiration to dumbdom!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.