Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have put 300 miles on in 3 weeks...

2 weeks in speeding ticket 60 in a 40...total bs. I was passing a truck to get the hell away from it and a cop came over the hill... Gonna fight to the end on this one.

2.5 weeks in the gas pedal falls off... horrible design but easily fixed.

3 weeks in the check engine soon light comes on...

Anyone know a good viper tech in Southern New Hampshire... I know chuck tator is over in NY but that is a good 3-4 hour ride. Is the Milford Dodge dealership worthy??

Can't wait to see what's next. :thumb:

On a positive note I own a Viper.

· Registered
10,436 Posts
ViperM3R6 said:
Can't wait to see what's next. :thumb:

On a positive note I own a Viper.
Five whole posts eh??? I don't believe you have been properly introduced to our little forum...So why don't you:

1.) Go fuck yourself...When you have wrapped that up, then...

2.) Tell us how many miles are on that wreck you bought...and finally...

c.) Buy or borrow an OBDII code scanner, and tell us what code(s) are setting the check engine light. If you are thrifty (ie...cheap/broke bastard) you can borrow one from idiots like Auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc...And if you cannot operate the code scanner, find any 5th grader who can set the clock on your VCR, and get him/her to do it for you.

Then we will be able to help your sorry ass...It's probably nuttin, but we need the codes...

And WELCOME TO VIPER ALLEY! CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW HOT ROD!!! :clap:

· Premium Member
20,183 Posts
Damn G, you're being easy on the :newbie: :thumb:

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow what a greating... I feel the love.

1.) If I could I probably would...

2.) 96 gts with 7300 miles on it
Has T&D roller rockers, borla exhaust with high flow cats,Full Venzano interior, and a M134 Minigun on the top (just for snake bitten).

3.) I bought a obd11 scanner and I have 2 codes:

p1488: Auxiliary 5 volt supply output is to low

p1496: 5 volt supply output too low

Battery is about 2 years old...volt read out is 14+ volts on the gauge.

Any help would be appreciated.

Snake Bitten thanks for the punkass reply and the direction to help me out.

:fist: and :bowdown:

· Registered
10,436 Posts
So the puter is saying it sensed less than +4V for longer than 4 seconds...not a big deal.

I would clear the codes with your scanner, and put battery tender (actual name brand, Battery Tender, I actually use the smallest one) on it...Install it up front, under the hood, on the + terminal by the fuse box and the ground down by the fender splash guard/side sill...So you can plug it in whenever you aren't using the car...

See how that works, and a new battery wouldn't hurt....also buy a service manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.