Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the general consensus on these cars? what problems do they have? the one i'm looking at is '92 black with black interior targa ~15,000 miles. for ~$45k

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
I remember not too long ago I was working in the home office while it was raining at night. I heard a car right outside the window which I saw to be a 348. It didn't look like any of the neighbor's ferraris and wondered what someone was doing sitting outside of my place in a ferrari in a heavy downpour. A moment later the phone rings and a friend is on the phone asking if I can open the garage. Through the garage comes the ferrari with my friend behind the wheel. He said he had just picked it up the day before and went for a cruise when the clutch started having problems and the car started to overheat. Once the rain started, water was pouring in from everywhere. He was near my place and wanted the let the car cool down and dry out before hitting the road again. He looked over at my viper and said, "Damn, I should gave gotten one of those" That is my only experience with 348s.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember not too long ago I was working in the home office while it was raining at night. I heard a car right outside the window which I saw to be a 348. It didn't look like any of the neighbor's ferraris and wondered what someone was doing sitting outside of my place in a ferrari in a heavy downpour. A moment later the phone rings and a friend is on the phone asking if I can open the garage. Through the garage comes the ferrari with my friend behind the wheel. He said he had just picked it up the day before and went for a cruise when the clutch started having problems and the car started to overheat. Once the rain started, water was pouring in from everywhere. He was near my place and wanted the let the car cool down and dry out before hitting the road again. He looked over at my viper and said, "Damn, I should gave gotten one of those" That is my only experience with 348s.
hmm.. thanx for the reply

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
More exepensive but I would go for a 355 instead.

·
Super Moderater
8,784 Posts
The fit and finish of a 348 compares to a vette (C5 at best) and the cost of repairs in outrageous. I think a tune up was around 4K last time I checked. If you want a cheap F car, go with a 328 QV (I think thats the one or go with the 355) Just my worthless 2 cents.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
I have no usefull information but I love the looks of the 348

I am sure you won't find a 355 for that price, but if you could get close, I would go with that

Also, there are non-dealership mechanics who can probably mantain it for much cheaper, but that is a "at your own risk" type of situation

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
what is the general consensus on these cars? what problems do they have? the one i'm looking at is '92 black with black interior targa ~15,000 miles. for ~$45k
Run like hell.....Those are money pits if there was ever one....On a 512TR they have to take the motor out to service the car....A Modena if you can afford it isn't bad....On those car it is easy to get to the belts and somewhat trouble free......I was looking into one but decided to steer clear of those...Insurance isn't as bad as I thought.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts