Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wondering whats the fastest anyone has run (without breaking anything) on a stock short block 96-99 (forged pistons) with a power adder? Anything goes, heads, cam, rockers, supercharger or turbo, headers, exh, etc. Just can't touch the stock bottom end.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Most all Vipers still have the stock crank ...maybe all of them. 99% still have the stock rods, 99% still have the stock main caps. Stock piston are probably rare on cars above 800rwhp.

Quickest or fastest ? My best et is 9.55, best mph is 147 .... stock bottom end, stock heads, stock cam. 65,000 miles with an Arrow rebuild 43,000 ago.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
I've still everything stock except the heads, but no where near using the full potential of the car. ;) Lets hope we don't meet up on the Tampa roads soon. That'll be a fun race!

Looks like you might have the record though..

G

·
Registered
17,224 Posts
1TONY1 said:
Most all Vipers still have the stock crank ...maybe all of them. 99% still have the stock rods, 99% still have the stock main caps. Stock piston are probably rare on cars above 800rwhp.

Quickest or fastest ? My best et is 9.55, best mph is 147 .... stock bottom end, stock heads, stock cam. 65,000 miles with an Arrow rebuild 43,000 ago.
What RWHP does your car make on blower only and at what boost level? :bowdown:

·
Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,287 Posts
Gerald said:
what mph have you made on blower alone, Tony?

G
It would be blower and water/methanol only..... I believe he now has to run both....although if I am wrong I am sure Tony will correct me.

Cudaman:flag:

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Gerald said:
what mph have you made on blower alone, Tony?

G
It was 141.36 mph on the 10.16 pass, I believe that is the highest mph no nitrous. 10lb pulley.....that dynoed about 650rwhp. Yes it was with wtr/meth injection. The main reason I have wtr/meth injection is because I still have the stock fuel system. It does also give the ability to add timing.....but that ability is also there with racing fuel. In Bradenton, I would have made a 9.9x pass without nitrous if I had a chance to make more passes. I wanted to do that with stock heads, looks like I will have to do it with heads now. I just need to get off my rear and send them to Greg Good.

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
OCTANE11 said:
How much boost on the turbos?
I think you will find the answer in his sig.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
TOny, you're at 10lbs? I think that's what I"m at right now, but I've GOT to get my car tuned....

G

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Gerald said:
TOny, you're at 10lbs? I think that's what I"m at right now, but I've GOT to get my car tuned....

G
I have the Roe 10psi pulley. There is probably a large amount of difference between air flow through your engine vs my engine. Just because your gauge and my gauge both say 10 psi.....that doesn't mean a whole lot. Keep thinking and one day you will be able to justify to yourself why my car is always quicker than yours
:smooch: I know your still a closet nitrous lover....no matter what you say in all your posts :rofl: When you going to step up to the Roof/JDell pulley size ...don't be skeered :thumb:

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Ahhhh, Sensei, there is much for you to learn still. ;)

Besides,the only good nitrous is a hit from a balooon I used to do years ago. :rofl:

G

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
Gerald said:
Ahhhh, Sensei, there is much for you to learn still. ;)

Besides,the only good nitrous is a hit from a balooon I used to do years ago. :rofl:

G
Take me to school oh mighty one :bowdown:

p.s. Do you still have stock pistons ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.