Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the link. http://www.supercars.net/index-top.html

I KNOW there are vipers that can hit top speeds much faster then that. Yes, that is fast. But the Highest top speed is a 1938 M-B W125 with a top speed of 269.1mph :bowdown:

I don't know about anyone else but...we should have a new #1 on this list. That is just WAY too slow. I'm sure given the right amount of space (say the salt-flats.) I'm sure some viper could hit 270-275mph.

Question: What type of hp would it take and how much areo work would be needed to make a Viper hit 275mph. Is the stock grearing good for that kind of speed. Normaly I wouldn't think so but my ACR at 70mph is at only 1300-1400ish rpm.

Before I forget. Congrats to Hennessy for making it to #16 with a Venom 800TT. Come on John...take a 1000TT out and bump us up to say...14ish. You can do it!

· Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Scrach that John...you should get 2nd. That Corvette needs to go down. It's topspeed was 254.47mph. From 235mph to 255 with another 200hp seem it could be done.

John, what kind of areo upgrades would be needed to make this happen?

· Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW 235mph is nothing to blow off. The fastest I've EVER been was right at 180mph...and I was SCCCCARRRDDDD. Everything came up so fast. I would have hated to hit a dog at that speed.

· Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the stock body viper is good for 250mph. I assume that would only work for a salt-flat or something smooth like that. I'd be worried about hitting a bump at that speed.

· Banned
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Joel said:
If a standard GTS with 450bhp and standard aerodynamics had a top speed of 190mph, then to achieve 270mph in the same car(if it stayed on the ground) would need 1835bhp :dance:

To get RWHP from BHP you need to subtract 15%-20% right? So that would be about 1468-1560rwhp. That is a shitload of power. So much for streetable.

But if you only subtarct 10% that would be 1651.5rwhp :bowdown: :bowdown:

That is a buckets of power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.