Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Factory Support goes a long way..

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  viper spray 
#1 ·
Dodge Motorsports and NayKid Racing Announce 2005 Viper T1 Program

PUYALLUP, WASH., February 16, 2005 – Dodge Motorsports and NayKid Racing are proud to announce that the multi-division Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) champions will make a momentous move and campaign two Dodge Viper SRT-10s in the 2005 SCCA T1 class. NayKid Racing owner Scotty B. White (Puyallup, Wash.) and Managing Director Cindi Lux (Aloha, Ore.) will be the first drivers to pilot the V10-powered American supercar since 2002. The announcement is less a launch and more of a reunion for both sides. White earned an SCCA Solo title in a Dodge Viper and Lux started her immensely successful career racing a Dodge against now Dodge Motorsports Director, John Fernandez in the late 1980s.

Following a dominating season in-which the team won every regular season race on the way to two divisional titles, team principals Lux and White began an exhaustive search to create an even stronger program in 2005. An agreement between Dodge Motorsports, Mopar Performance Parts, Dodge’s SRT Division and NayKid was reached making the first two-car punch for Dodge in the T1 class. Longtime team sponsor KUMHO Tire will return in ’05 with a Dodge Viper version of their very successful V710 tire.

The American Le Mans Series’ inaugural Women’s Global GT Series champion, Lux will pilot the No. 78 KUMHO Tire/ Mopar Performance Parts/ Dodge Motorsports NayKid Racing Dodge Viper SRT-10. Lux, who became only the second woman to win the prestigious SCCA June Sprints at Road America last season, will challenge for her third-straight NorPac Divisional T1 Championship as well as pursue the unprecedented SCCA Triple Crown (wins at both the June Sprints and Runoffs matched to a Divisional title) in ’05.

White, a six-time SCCA T1 division champion, including the 2004 Rocky Mountain Divisional T1 titleholder, will wheel the No. 3. KUMHO Tire/ Mopar Performance Parts/ Dodge Motorsports NayKid Racing Dodge Viper SRT-10. In 2004, he had a nearly undefeatable season winning 10 poles, seven wins and three track records in 11 races. Only Lux could challenge her teammate as the two swapped first and second-places not only race after race but lap after lap.

While primary support for the 2005 Viper program will come through KUMHO Tires, Dodge Motorsports, Mopar Performance Parts and the SRT Division of Dodge, further support will come from new partners Forgeline Wheels and Moton Shocks along with longtime partners RedLine Oil, CORSA Exhaust, Nike Racing and UPR Racing.

NayKid Racing was formed to be a championship-winning effort. 2004 titles include Lux’s Northern Pacific and White’s Rocky Mountain T1 Championships. Lux had also won the Northern Pacific title and Oregon SCCA National Driver of the Year in 2003 while White won the Southern Pacific title. Since its creation, NayKid has earned eight SCCA Division T1 championships, as well as five SCCA Pro Solo and eight Solo II titles. With a focus on winning, NayKid Racing balances the intense workload of racing with a lighthearted attitude that encourages fun at the track.

Quotes:

John Fernandez, Director of Dodge Motorsports: “It has been one of our main goals to position the Dodge Viper SRT-10 with a highly professional and successful organization in the SCCA T1 class. We are very pleased to announce that we have done just that by entering into this program with NayKid Racing. Scotty B. White and Cindi Lux have each proven themselves on the track as competitors. They have also proven, through the team they have created together at NayKid Racing, to be able to spearhead a race and development program that will show results. The T1 class will place the Viper SRT-10 against many of the same cars that it competes with in the showroom. We feel that this is the perfect environment and the perfect team to display the strength of the Viper SRT-10, in nearly street-legal form, against all challengers.”

Rudy Consolacion, KUMHO Tire motorsports manager: “We’ve worked with NayKid Racing for eight years. We have enjoyed great success with Scotty, Cindi and the rest of the NayKid gang in SCCA Club Racing and SOLO II competition. We expect that success to continue during the next two years. We’re looking forward to the added excitement and exposure that NayKid will provide KUMHO because of the Vipers they’ll be racing. Like KUMHO, Dodge has shown a strong commitment to the SCCA, and we’re happy to see Dodge join the NayKid Racing team.”

Cindi Lux: “This change of manufacturers will come as quite of a shock for a lot of people. But it’s absolutely the best decision for NayKid Racing. We are not in this sport for the short term. Both Scotty and I have a long term goals and this fits perfectly into our plans. Everybody on the team is so fired up to help Dodge get the Viper back into T1 racing and it’s going to be one wild ride. I wouldn’t miss for the world! Needless to say, there is a tremendous amount of work to do this year but I guarantee you there will be a lot of laughs a long the way.”

Scotty B. White: “This deal looks so right for NayKid Racing to hook up with Dodge and race Vipers on KUMHO Tires. The Viper SRT-10 has really pulled it all together. It has the sophistication of a world class sports car without losing a step from its gnarly ‘in your face’ beginnings. It’s a no apologies, take no prisoners ass kickin’ hot rod! Just like the KUMHO V710 tire and NayKid Racing, no apologies necessary!”

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
Pitty aint it? Maybe if they would open the restrictor to the size of a dime things could have been more even.

WAR THE DRIVER!

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Smackie said:
Ryan, when are you stepping up to the new Tupperware Comp Coupe from your tranny-killing '01?

when you decide im such a great guy that you give me ~$70k.. thats like chump change for you..

come out to thill next week you homebody..

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Smackie said:
I think you have me mixed up with Dearing!

I'm in Cancun next weekend and then I think I'm going to Sebring with Dearing. I do miss Thunderhill, though. One of the Top 5 tracks in the country, IMO.
dearing blew his whole cash wad and the season hasnt even started..

i may try and do thurs-fri-sat at sebring.. we'll see..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.