Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did this pad for a local 99 Black/Silver ACR guy...how bored am I???

Come on SUMMER?!? /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid53/p7e7bea2df9941d034e1b1181790b985f/fc9291f2.jpg[/image]

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
18,149 Posts

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
High Temp Aluminum spray....Spray it into a GLASS cup or metal container that you don't want anymore (anything plastic will MELT!)...and use a paint pencil, and a small brush...

Mask off the emblem outline first though (only use 3M masking tape! Trust me!)...Prime it with some High Temp Semi-Gloss Black...about three coats...otherwise the Silver pretty much gets sucked into the pad, and it takes way too many coats to cover...This is the second pad I have done.

This is very time consuming, and I must say PATIENCE is the key...for mutiple colors, masking is essential, use an exacto knife, and the masking will take the majority of the time for the job...

·
Banned Since 2003
17,522 Posts
It looks good but I don't think I will do that.

I was just wondering what type of paint...like a high temp or something.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I am going to give this a try when it warms up.

Another in depth topic is here

It has instructions as well at the end just as Gerald explained.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anthony CHEATED! I can spot a knock off a miles away...No fair BUYING a painted pad!

All you other leghumpers take a lesson from J DAWG and TRY ONE! Patience is the key!

Or buy one from PartsRack...they will do pretty much whatever colors you want!

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
Anthony CHEATED! I can spot a knock off a miles away...No fair BUYING a painted pad!

All you other leghumpers take a lesson from J DAWG and TRY ONE! Patience is the key!

Or buy one from PartsRack...they will do pretty whatever colors you want!
Not exactly - I got JonB an exclusive deal for his pads - so I got mine for FREE!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
I've got a hood pad coming (warantee) from DC. Will Partscrack discount their painted pad if you send them a new one? Anyway, what's his price? Wish I had the time and place to do it myself, but that's NOT gonna happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts