Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of any exhaust that makes a higher pitch sound (similar to a ferarri) and no smart ass comments please...ha.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I've never heard any but I could be wrong though I've pretty much heard all the major catback systems out there. You could always install some whistle tips. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what the hell are whistle tips? do they sound good, are they rice? corsa sounds good.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
yeah whistle tips are rice, you ever heard of bubb rubb? WOOO WOOO

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's why I was so surprised. hence, what th ehell are whistle tips.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Im not trying to be an ass with this statement, but I wish Tubi made an exhaust for the Viper.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Craig's playing wit ya! (Canadiens :rolleyes: /images/graemlins/laughing.gif )

You cannot get a 10 cylincer to sound like an 8 or 12. The Corsa is the highest pitch around.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Corsa sucks...and City is correct it's high pitched...even though he completely blew the spelling of "cylinder"...

Go deep...borla...belanger...B&B....or custom with long mufflers in the side sills, then straight pipe out to the rear...custom tips...

·
Registered
383 Posts
I politely disagree with Mr. Snakebit, and would go with a Corsa as they have little resonance, change tone very nicely with high flow cats, and.............

are the way to go if you are contemplating headers!! I love headers on a Viper, but the Corsas are the ones we have had the best luck with if you want to occasionally have a conversation with a passenger.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
I dont like my corsa that much. Its a bit high pitched but yes it doenst drone. A good way around that is to get the new B&B with the nice X pipe in the back. Personally I like the old HMS exhausts. Deep rumbly sound especially if you arent running cats. I dunno if he still makes them though

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Bill Pemberton said:
I politely disagree with Mr. Snakebit, and would go with a Corsa as they have little resonance, change tone very nicely with high flow cats, and.............

are the way to go if you are contemplating headers!! I love headers on a Viper, but the Corsas are the ones we have had the best luck with if you want to occasionally have a conversation with a passenger.
Bill P...You mean not everyone is going for LOUD! Hmmm...interesting concept...I don't get it! :screwy:

Smokin said:
I dont like my corsa that much. Its a bit high pitched but yes it doenst drone. A good way around that is to get the new B&B with the nice X pipe in the back. Personally I like the old HMS exhausts. Deep rumbly sound especially if you arent running cats. I dunno if he still makes them though
I swear on all that is holy...There's a local guy that has a '99 Black/Silver ACR...with the HMS exhaust...including the Power Effects adjustable rear mufflers, and his car has the deepest note I have ever heard on a Viper...I cannot find those mufflers anywhere to save my life...

[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/215043/GregsACRpic7.JPG[/image]
[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/215043/GregsACRpic5.JPG[/image]
[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/215043/GregsACRpic4.JPG[/image]

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I must have that lic.plate holder....where can I get one.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Had Archer Headers with Borlas on my 2000 GTS and loved to frighten little children , dogs, cats, sheep, etc. With ears ringing after a drive, I decided to switch and the Corsa made life livable, and I still scared the above! The question I believe was high pitched and the Corsa definitely has more of that tone, and I personally went to too many Rock Concerts when I was younger , and I flat don't enjoy resonance . Loud is great, resonance is a pain in da head.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Bill, why are you trying to scare sheep anyway? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

P.S. Good to see you on the alley!

The best Viper exhaust I heard was belangers with the HMS catback without cats.... but it was LOUD!

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I want to sound like that RSI car that hit 9.48 sec 1/4. That exhaust is cool.....here's the link.

http://www.racingsolutionsinc.com/

someone tell me what exhaust system this is....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts