Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What system sounds the best? I want my car to be loud as possible, with a great low rumble.

This wasn't too hard to do on the cobra, but the viper sounds wierd :/

Suggestions? I have considered just doing the back half of the exhaust and saving up to do everything later.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Jesus Term! This is a topic discussed adnauseam. But I'll be nice...
Try searching "exhaust".

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I feel you Term, I asked the same question about 7 months or so ago. I went with Corsas because it is not as loud.

If you want loud...go with Borlas and not cats.

But don't forget that with the Borlas you will get a mean echoing droan noise in the cockpit with Borlas. Might want to look into that. If you are also thinking about putting headers and a S/C later. It just might be too loud. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Shit, the Hennessey system is very deep, nice tone, and there is no noticeable drone at all! But.... you can pick a Borla system up pretty cheap these days.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just bought a Belenger Cat back. I am hoping to get rid of some of the resonance I have right now with no rear muffler.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I just took my car in and it already has exhaust stuff done, no mufflers and some custom work. Nothing big name though.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,147 Posts
Join the group purchase at HMS! That sewer pipe exhaust is LOUD and gives me bigtime wood!!!

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I just did Borla cat back with Edelbrock headers and I love the sound. I had a 97 GTS before with no mods and I promised that when I got another Viper I was going to mod it out the next time.....Although my check engine light is on from the O2 sensors so I need to check that out.....

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
You want the exact opposite of me. I want mine more quiet. You want loud, come listen to my car and get Corsa and lose your cats. Car will be insanely loud with Ballenger headers and the above set up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts