Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm about to get new exhaust in about a week. I hear the corsa sounds like a UPS truck, but have heard good things about the B&B catback. I am also going for the RT cats. Not ready for headers yet, because at this point it will not benefit my Gen II that much.

My question is corsa or B&B. I want a deep raspy sound and I want something loud, but being in Kalifornia I need to pass emissions as well.

Any input would be appreciated.

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I went with the Borla cat back and cat delete, with Hennessey headers. It boosted rwhp from 424 to about 455. I think the cat delete and headers are the main power adders, while the cat back exhaust will let you have big tips.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
As a data point, with high flow cats and the corsa 3", my car picked up about 10 RWHP. I love the Corsa sound, but I also like the Borla. Haven't heard the B&B yet. Corsa is nice cause its quiet until you blast it, then bystanders duck and cover. The Borla seems loud to me all the time.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
ssssssnake said:
I hear the corsa sounds like a UPS truck, but have heard good things about the B&B catback. I am also going for the RT cats. My question is corsa or B&B. I want a deep raspy sound and I want something loud, but being in Kalifornia I need to pass emissions as well.

Any input would be appreciated.

:thumb:
I was looking into the same thing about and asked the same question about a month or so ago. What made me decide to go with the Corsa and high flow cats is because of my future plans. Try think of the big picture...should you decide to add more things, such as headers and a S/C (like I will), then you would want the Corsa. The Corsa w/ the high flow cats do not sound like a UPS truck, I have UPS and Fedex delivering stuff to me all the time and it sounds nothing like my car. The B&B system will be too lound in my opinion should you decide to add more performance parts to your car. But some like it loud. I like to have a conversation when I am driving (sometimes I take calls on the road).

I don't think that cat removal is a good thing to pass emissions with.

So basically, it all boils down to the big picture. What else are you going to do to your car?

BTW, the tips are a big upgrade from the stock...I think what ever you decide you will be much more happier than the stock stuff that is on there now.

Good luck

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
I have the MOPAR which is basically the borla exhaust with different tips. FUSUCLA has heard it and he said he likes the sound. I've been happy with the exhaust. It's a huge improvement over the rather tame stock sound.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the replies. I may supercharge some day, so might go with the Corsa. I want loud but not so loud I cannot have a conversation in the car like King Viper states.

For those In Cali do you think I will pass smog with the Corsa, and with the metal substrate cats from RT?

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
ssssssnake said:
Thanks for the replies. I may supercharge some day, so might go with the Corsa. I want loud but not so loud I cannot have a conversation in the car like King Viper states.

For those In Cali do you think I will pass smog with the Corsa, and with the metal substrate cats from RT?

Smog is no problem at all. The cat-back does nothing for emissions so no worry about that. The high flow cats worked just fine for me, and headers do nothing either so no worry there.

·
Registered
33,838 Posts
ssssssnake said:
Why are you selling Mark O? Is corsa that bad?
When I "got a bad ice cube" n& put the car up for sale, I removed the Corsa & put the stock system back on. I really don't feel like going through the hassle again & just simply decided to sell it.

·
Registered
932 Posts
While we're on the subject...

I've heard that there isn't a lot of gain to be had in the 2000+ snakes when it comes to headers...any truth to this? I have a 2002 GTS and I've been told that if I ended up doing headers it'd be mostly for sound alone as the stockers in the past few years are pretty good.

?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.