Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
I have owned both a 01 Vette 6 speed (before thay had a 2000 automatic), and now a 01 Viper GTS.

It is not even close. From a roll you will obliterate him. From a dig, don't sweat it, just leave off idle at 1/8 pedal and slowly go to the floor when you feel it hook. This will get you a 4.2 60' time, below any 0-60 time of any Vette. (verified by my Mr. Dyno).

Z06's from a roll are not a problem, the Viper's horsepower will pull it out, but....

From a dig, it could be a drivers race. You should win, but if he is a GREAT driver in the Z06 racing a BAD driver in the Viper - he might be able to even up the 1/10-2/10 advantage we have. We have 45 more hp. but they weigh 300# less = about .15 difference in the 1/4 and 1.5mph.

Howard

· Registered
52 Posts
super squirrel -

Of course I am partial to 03 Cobras, but without a pulley they have no chance either.

I pulled up next to a guy in a 03 Cobra and asked him if he had a pulley, he said no, and I said "Then you are in big trouble".

We both laughed and of course I crushed him, but he knew I was cool and just messing around, heck, I am a moderator on a Cobra/Stang website!!!

You have one heck of a car there, and pretty soon the Vette owner will understand what raw power is!

Howard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.