Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would an 04 vette (I don't think it's a zo6) fair up against my 01 RT? what I mean is....stock for both cars, how much of a race would it be? No smart ass comments...I'm serious. hehehe

·
Premium Member
7,947 Posts
drag race or road course?

Auto in the Vette?

Could depend on if you make a mistake if it's a drag race...bad launch, smoke the tires, miss a shift, etc. Road race would give you some time to catch up from a mistake. In a drag race, not much time.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm pretty sure it's an auto...this would be a drag race or better yet, a highway roll on....

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vipernathan said:
If it's a highway roll on and he is stock, then I can't see you losing unless you stay in first (that doesn't qualify for a smart ass reply does it?).
Oh, Nathan, you are clever..No, I don't think I'll stay in first.. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif :thumb:

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
honestly, you will beat him stock vs stock, but it won't be as bad as one might think. Stock a Viper has roughly 50 more hp, but also a few hundred pounds of extra weight. the vette is also more aerodynamic at speed than a RT.

ps - nawz isn't a factory option /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I won't be sprayin for this race John hehehe.

but I've raced C5's before and absolutely blown them out...I mean, I constantly pulled them and would have continued to pull them if I didn't let off.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
yeah you will be ok......I just remember racing a Z06 and only pulling him about a length in each gear when I tought I would have done more. Now I just play around with them like a cat does with a mouse. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this would be an 04....

right I know the new Z isn't out yet, but I didn't know if it was on 04 z or regular.

I'm gna race him this weekend.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll keep everyone posted and let everyone know what happens

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is the Viper faster then a vette? I just traded my '03 Z06 for an '02 GTS. The Vette felt faster off the line, and my friend said the same thing. It's just seat of the pants, and I'm brand new to vipers, where I had 5 years of vette driving. I also think the Z06 had better brakes. I've still got a long way to go with this car, but I love it and don't regret the trade one bit. I'm not much for straight line racing, my launches suck balls, but I do like to turn the car and I think the Viper is much less nervous and turns in better then the vette.

Moe
'02 Yellow/Black GTS

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have owned both a 01 Vette 6 speed (before thay had a 2000 automatic), and now a 01 Viper GTS.

It is not even close. From a roll you will obliterate him. From a dig, don't sweat it, just leave off idle at 1/8 pedal and slowly go to the floor when you feel it hook. This will get you a 4.2 60' time, below any 0-60 time of any Vette. (verified by my Mr. Dyno).

Z06's from a roll are not a problem, the Viper's horsepower will pull it out, but....

From a dig, it could be a drivers race. You should win, but if he is a GREAT driver in the Z06 racing a BAD driver in the Viper - he might be able to even up the 1/10-2/10 advantage we have. We have 45 more hp. but they weigh 300# less = about .15 difference in the 1/4 and 1.5mph.

Howard

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
YELL03 said:
I have owned both a 01 Vette 6 speed (before thay had a 2000 automatic), and now a 01 Viper GTS.

It is not even close. From a roll you will obliterate him. From a dig, don't sweat it, just leave off idle at 1/8 pedal and slowly go to the floor when you feel it hook. This will get you a 4.2 60' time, below any 0-60 time of any Vette. (verified by my Mr. Dyno).

Z06's from a roll are not a problem, the Viper's horsepower will pull it out, but....

From a dig, it could be a drivers race. You should win, but if he is a GREAT driver in the Z06 racing a BAD driver in the Viper - he might be able to even up the 1/10-2/10 advantage we have. We have 45 more hp. but they weigh 300# less = about .15 difference in the 1/4 and 1.5mph.

Howard

Wow, I felt like I just got back from driving school with that post...thanks. I am not really afraid, I'm just curious about the "win margin" not that it matters, but this guy has a stock c5 and talks trash and just has no idea what the viper does.
A guy in a cobra said the same thing and I annihilated him. I mean absolutely crushed him over and over again.

I guess you don't know something is slow unless you've been in something faster.

Thanks for all the advice..It's not a Z06 and if it is, I'll still pull ahead.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.