Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to buy and Chuck Tator's not a vendor so who's got the best price for Gen 2 +1 drilled and slotted rotors? (needs to be other than JonB)

·
Premium Member
19,233 Posts
CitySnake said:
Ready to buy and Chuck Tator's not a vendor so who's got the best price for Gen 2 +1 drilled and slotted rotors? (needs to be other than JonB)
Why?

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
96 R/T 10 said:
CitySnake said:
Why?
Why am I buying them or why am I not interested in buying from JonB?

·
Premium Member
19,233 Posts
Why not interested in JonB? You could probably get them from Roe Racing or Dan Cragin.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
Why not aren't you not interested in not buying from anyone except JonB?
OK..it took me a minute to diagram your +-'s Chuck :doh:, but it actually worked out correctly. No to JonB. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

The reason is that he and I had a minor issue when I first took possession of my Viper. So I will take my business elsewhere...even if it costs me more. Not making any grand statement here, just a personal choice.

Sean doesn't sell them. Guess I'll check with Dan Cragin. Anyone else?

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Waiting for Gerald S. to chime in here. For poser parts...well /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif there's none better.

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
CitySnake said:
OK..it took me a minute to diagram your +-'s Chuck :doh:, but it actually worked out correctly. No to JonB. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
It did? I got lucky.

For the record I don't buy from JonB either.

Back on topic, why are you going with those shitty Eradispeeds anyway? Two piece with aluminum hats look so much better and even a poser should at least make an attempt to look legit.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
It did? I got lucky.

For the record I don't buy from JonB either.

Back on topic, why are you going with those shitty Eradispeeds anyway? Two piece with aluminum hats look so much better and even a poser should at least make an attempt to look legit.
/images/graemlins/headscratch I was under the impression that Eradispeed+ WERE the one's to buy. (3 weeks back ordered from manufaturer right now anyway :pissed:

EradiSpeed+ versions are still direct OEM replacement units, but the “plus” indicates rotors which are of a two-piece design. The center “hat”, or “hub/hat” portion of EradiSpeed+ rotors are CNC machined from billet or forged aluminum. The centers are then anodized black to finish the “look” and are bolted to the rotors with National Aerospace Standard (NAS) stainless, reusable fasteners, the same hardware used to affix the rotors to an Indy Car. With their two-piece design, EradiSpeed+ units also provide a welcome reduction in total rotor weight.

EradiSpeed+ (PLUS) Direct Replacement 2-piece Rotor Benefits:
No change in wheels is ever required
Dramatically reduced weight
Increased heat absorption
Faster thermal recovery
High resistance to stress cracking
Increased friction, low wear, from proprietary iron specification
Greater airflow efficiency through curved vane or Kangaroo™ port design
Location of holes directly behind vane structure to arrest and limit migration of stress fractures from crossdrilling
Elimination of outgassing
Greater bite or initial onset of friction
Equalized pad surface wear
Improved wet weather performance
Brilliant rust resistant surfaces
Dynamic visual impact
Limited Lifetime Warranty Against Warping

Attachments

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
My mistake. I swore I saw some one-piece, or maybe I saw some that just looked like shit. I also thought I heard they were cheaply made but since my credibility has just been shot I'm going to shut up now.

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
CitySnake said:
I was under the impression that Eradispeed+ WERE the one's to buy. (3 weeks back ordered from manufaturer right now anyway :pissed:

Those are the ones...try calling these guys DIRECTLY...and ordering the rotors through them...They sell C5 front and rear set for $799...best price I have evar seen! http://www.pfyc.com

PS: Chuck...please quit pushing all of these actual brake parts on us! We don't wanna actually stop...that is what downshifting is for...

It's better to LOOK good, than to STOP GOOD! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

--------------
Pro War!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Guys, not sure if anybody is interested, but I have a set of Brembo monoblock racing brakes. I had one of our more active members here offer $2,500 for them (actually for his friend), but the deal was never closed.

Anyway, if anybody wants to save money on new ones and get them at this rate, let me know.

Manny

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was waiting for almost 2 months to get a set of used Eradispeed rotors last week, but somebody on the board sold them out from under me to someone else on the board :fist:.

Anyway, Tire Rack sells them on there web site and they will ship out March 20th. I did find another set brand new for $700.00 for all 4. The guy needed cash and I was at the right place at the right time...

ROB

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
I have 2 piece Eradispeeds on my GTS and they are a thing of beauty. Call me a poser, but don't call me late for dinner. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I am looking for a set of 2 piece eradispeeds as well. I just emailed Chris. Parts Rack doesn't have any in stock.

What are the alternatives to the eradispeeds in terms of what looks as good and performs similarly?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts