Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here having ebc greens, how visible is it through oem rims for an 2001? anyone have pics of what it would look like? or is it visitble at all?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Yes they are visible but no problem to make look good. Visible on rear and you can see the sides behind the cover on the fronts.

Buy high temp VHT black spray. Tape off the pad material with masking tape and spray them. Bake in oven, read directions on can to get an idea.

Look great.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
How bout just wiping down your wheels! /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif EBC green's = clean but poorer breaking.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, I've read many threads about that.....

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
SoCal Rebell said:
I drove Manny's car at Willow Springs, he had the Stoptech Big Brake package with EBC greens and the stopping power sucked period, no offense Manny get a set of Brakeman 3s /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
Oh wait a second Ron...Greens at the track are a joke; what a weird combo./images/graemlins/headscratch Might even be dangerous. Surprised he'd run those.

But on the street, you give up a bit of stopping power for a LOT less dust. Frankly, although I hate constantly having to clean the front wheels, I need the brakes! Just MO.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chuck....whatcha think?

·
Registered
383 Posts
SoCal is on the money, EBCs are great for their purpose,but it is NOT a track pad. Make sure you use something else and I concur, as we have been using and selling Brakeman pads for years, and they are easy on rotors,and actually stop fairly good on the street - something race pads are not known for.

Bill P

·
Sexist
44,358 Posts
Use EBC greens for the street ONLY!!! They stop for shit so don't do any aggressive driving but the dustless and squealess is worth it. Get them from Steve Pasztor 972-743-9443 at GreatBrakes. I wouldn't worry about the color showing through but if it bothers you do what 95Viper says and get the VHT paint.

Don't waste your time with EBC reds.

It's hard to believe Manny ran greens at the track. If I did that they'd be fried after a couple laps.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
SoCal Rebell said:
I drove Manny's car at Willow Springs, he had the Stoptech Big Brake package with EBC greens and the stopping power sucked period, no offense Manny get a set of Brakeman 3s /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
See, I just don't get this statement. I was able to lock up my wheels at any given time I wanted, so stopping power didn't seem to be an issue. Perhaps brake fade would be an issue with these pads? I don't know as I wasn't braking at the last possible second as I wanted my brake pads to last two days.

If I am wrong about this, please let me know. After all, I didn't know what bedding the pads meant /images/graemlins/wink

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Street only for the greens and you can not see enough green through the wheel to matter. I think you really have to look to see them as no one notices them at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts