Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Landscaping Professional
14,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dared it to rain by driving my car to work today - and it did. I headed home on soaked roads in a light rain with good tires and 20+ year-old wiper blades. No streaks, no chatter, no drama and the car is not totaled.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I quite like driving fast in the rain. It force's me to be smooth and moderate the throttle, and if I can get it just right, the car dances around but feels great. It's very satisfying. I don't like having to clean the car after driving on wet roads, and I especially don't like it to rain just after I got the car cleaned... that sucks ...and happens often around here.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
That's funny are you still in Texas?

Its been so dry here with so little rain, I've put on another 3K miles in the last month or two.
Have not even been checking the weather... then it rained coming back from Victoria errrhhh!!!!

2 hrs in the rain not fun, car is a mess under the hood.

·
Landscaping Professional
14,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 hrs in the rain not fun, car is a mess under the hood.
It's not that difficult to make it presentable. Show quality? I don't even think about such things. I drive it, I clean it, it is what it is...

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I dared it to rain by driving my car to work today - and it did. I headed home on soaked roads in a light rain with good tires and 20+ year-old wiper blades. No streaks, no chatter, no drama and the car is not totaled.
Public Service Announcement for the drought stricken southwestern states suffering this summer - “Everyone please go wash your car”.

Problem solved.

Reactions: GTS Dean

·
Landscaping Professional
14,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gently flood it with fresh water from a hose sprayer. Then, hit it with some foamy soap and let it soak into the fibers a while. Lastly, flood it with clean water again with very modest pressure - back and forth from top to bottom while the hood is open. Drip dry and/or use a leaf blower to help dry.

• Helpful
Reactions: 8.0L>1.8T and RobV
1 - 16 of 16 Posts