Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Drifting is such a blast. The people who say it's not fun....haven't done it. It's not as easy as it looks. I haven't done it in the viper...yet. I'm just not ready to push the car like that. However, the viper is a awesome drift car...if you can charm it just right.

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like a hell of a lot of fun.It doesn't look like real racing to me but going sideways in your car(any car) is fun.Add some speed and you've got some scary fun.

Bruce- Sliding your car around a corner doesn't mean it's not a sports car.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
If you don't like drifting, you don't like burnouts. That what drifting is, one big long-ass burnout. It's just that you are doing it sideways. The viper would be the King of the drift-world just because of all that tq. I would love to see a blown Viper give it a shot.

Drifting isn't so much about racing as it is about the spectators in the stands. Doing crazy stunts like having your car do a 360 and you running beside it...GOOD. Drifting with a foot hangin' out the window...is also GOOD. Doing a wicked 4 wheel drift while waving to the crowd WITH THE DOOR OPEN...yea...that's GOOD too. Drifting is about fun. So if fun is driving nearly 100mph side-ways, and doing some "Show boating". That's what drifting is all about.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
drifting has been around for decades. anyone ever see the odd tire sized sprint cars on the dirttrack oval; THATS drifting. its just not as glamorous so until recently it wasnt much looked at. ive driven one of those little fuckers and i gotta tell ya, its not easy, of course its not quite the same as a riced out impact on asphalt either. plus now they have added all kinda dumb shit for "aesthetic" purposes such as tanked above explained; waving, jacking off, picking your ass, etc all while drifting :D

bottom line, its a very old race style, better done with a modified sprint car and on a dirt track, thats amaerican and thats old school LONG before the far east movement fucked it up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.