Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Rob, and purchased my Emerald Green 1995 RT/10 back in April of this year. The Viper has been a dream car of mine since the '89 show car, and it's been an amazing ownership experience so far. The car is mostly stock, except for smooth tubes and 18" Gen2 wheels. I've added over 1K miles to the 24.5K it had when I got it, and have loved every minute of it. I've been browsing these forums but finally joined. It's good to see lots of info on these cars, even though a lot of it is quite old :)
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
23,325 Posts
Nice car, congrats. If it has the stock exhaust/cats it will be warmer in the cabin.

·
Registered
10,912 Posts
Congratulations ! That looks like the first Viper I ever drove on a test ride when I started shopping for my first Viper... A visceral Beast for sure !

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
What is the plan to drive and enjoy or modify?
A set of 3.55's gears really wakes up the car and makes 6th more usable FYI.

3.73 are good too for that year but I wouldn't do that unless you wanted to off the line and were not planning more modifications in the future. Little improvement in 3.73 over 3.55 FYI

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all! My plan is to drive and enjoy. I've thought about changing the gearing, but I do like that I can basically leave it in 3rd while on the backroads. So much torque!
It's got some maintenance that needs to be done - coolant leak around the thermostat housing, and also at the radiator. Need to do all the fluids as well. Still trying to find center caps for the 18" wheels, apparently they are unobtainium now. JonB has some but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Great looking ride. Enjoy!

Yea, that stock exhaust cabin heat is called the "ring of fire" if remember what these people taught me. At least the AC vents location keep the ballsack cool though...

·
Gone Nomad
6,329 Posts
Make sure you check the date codes on the tires. You might want to replace them no matter what.

The new Michelin PS4s are fantastic, really much better than all the past options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Make sure you check the date codes on the tires. You might want to replace them no matter what.

The new Michelin PS4s are fantastic, really much better than all the past options.
Second this. And by the way. DAAAMMMNNN, I just saw that they released a 355/30/R19 for the Pilot Sport 4S! That's awesome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To clarify, I added the 18" wheels. The original 17s had 2000-ish date code tires that were toast, and with the 17s so hard to come by, I changed it up. Found the wheels locally, and fortunately Continental just came out with the 18" fitment, so 3 days later I had everything ready to go!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts