Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the "Calling Out...." thread, I saw mention of certain records, some of which are not on the V-10 Nat site, yet. So:

Starting with the most interesting, what is the fastest Viper V-10 pass to date?

How about the fastest independent rear suspension car, any car? I bet HMS's 8.93 is close to both right now. I don't know of any Poopras running faster on IRS, although there very well may be.

Quickest stock 6-speed in any car? I believe that is an 8.9x Poopra right now.

I think it is interesting to also look outside the club to see how we measure up against the peers (Vettes, Supras, Cobras). I think that even though the Vipers got an extremely late start on drag racing, that they are close if not on-top in many of these areas.

Please post any info you know of.

Chad

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I would have to agree with Peter when it comes to records outside of the Viper world, the Supra is the car that is hard to beat.

At the last Supra event my Viper did win when we went up against the VirtualWorks car to take a 2nd place. I never had the chance to thank them for Giving us the win because of their trans brake. We had 2 chances to win, red light or bad equipment, the only way.

rohn

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Rohn, thanks for the kind words... RSI is ALWAYS hard to beat, no matter what event, no matter what class, no matter what cars... It seems like the RSI team and your car happen to be in MANY finals... /images/graemlins/smiles
Peter

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it's 8.9 with a stock 6-speed and 8.2 on a stock IRS!!!!! Very impressive.

Thanks Peter and no offense intended on the "Poopra," just that this is the Viper board and smack is encouraged.

The Supras have definitely thrown down some serious numbers for us to shoot for.

Chad

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Rohn,

Didn't RSI run a 9.0 15x.xx with the SC/Nos auto at a recent V10 Nats? I thought I seen it somewhere. 8 ball corner pocket, sooooo close :nod:

Topeka, at night, sounds like the event to run some really fast times.

RSI auto vs. Hennessey auto, the Texas showdown in Kansas........sounds like tornado's coming.................

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
That is my buddy Bob's car. It ran around [email protected] on a poorly prepped track, with a shitty 60 foot. That viper has an 8.8 in it, especially with the MPH being so high on an automatic car. Remember, the powerglide looses about 28% through the tranny whereas the 6 speed looses about 15%...
Peter

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Peter

Is that the same car we ran at San An?

It would be a good show to see 3 auto Vipers racing in Kansas :nod:

What was the 60ft.?

jR.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Bob Helms Viper ran 9.15 @ 152 at BG. Very impressive. The powerglide can turn some mph it just depends on how tall a tire you run and if you have a rev limit on the car or not. Our 8.93 @ 149 run was with the factory rev limiter and we hit the limiter at the end of the track. We have one run with our auto car where we ran 123 mph in the 1/8 mile (9.28 ET).

Its really only a matter of time before a Viper runs 8.50 @ 160+ mph.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Chad, yes, he's for real... His name is Ryan Woon and he owns www.wotm.com He has been a regular around the supra crew for the last 5-6 years and is an avid drag racer. He always makes it out to the supra events as well. I think his best run to date without NOS is 9.6X

SVS - yes, that is the same guy you lined up with in TX. I do not know his 60' off hand, but I recall it being not as good as in the past on a well prepped track...
Peter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.