Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
Pretty easy to do.

*Single screw inside door jamb area up by the hinge. May be masked by carpet fuzzies.

*Single screw underneath door by latch area. May be masked by carpet fuzzies.

*Remove speaker, then 2 screws behind speaker.

*Single screw in jamb area opposite end of door from hinge i.e. emergency latch area (but in jamb, right at the top of the panel)

*Single screw inside door release pull handle (by lock switch). Do not do the pair of screws on top of the door on top of that assembly as they hold the door release handle to the door panel.

* There is a xmas tree fastener between the panel and the door about halfway up, opposite the hinge end. Once all the screws are out everywhere, pull at the bottom of the panel to free it. Do not remove the panel yet nor attempt to remove the top. You're just popping the xmas tree loose.

That's all the fasteners.

Next is to free the top. But doing so, you still don't want to completely remove the panel. The tweeter speaker wires and door release switch assembly both have connectors to undo once the panel is free at the top.

So, back to freeing the top of the panel, pull the bottom away just enough that it will raise a bit to lift the inside weatherstripping away from the window area. You may have to twist the panel up a bit - the end toward the hinge; raise it - as the other end down there by the emergency release latch may need that motion to get clear of the area of the panel from the stanchion; that thing with the emergency release handle in it.

From there, you can pull the panel away slightly and see the 2 wire connectors that must be undone. Another pair of hands can help hold things or to release the wires, but I put my knee on the panel to free both hands and have done it alone a jillion times.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. My passenger door panel is not wanting to stay in place. I think I may need a need Xmas tree fastener.-Any idea on part number or best place to find one? Also, passenger side does not have a screw or hole for a screw in the top rear portion of the panel like the driver side does, is this normal?

·
Registered
402 Posts
A retard can do it. Theres no special way to take these off. Literally just unscrew a few screws and pull it off. Be careful though because these panels are prty cheap and break easily. Mine has tabs and shit broken off(not from me) and now my door panel wont bolt on tight. Also, sometimes the panels warp because of heat and age so they might fit like shit. Go to any auto parts store like napa, or even an autobody shop for the xmas tree fastener. If u don't use the right one or line it up right it wont snap in correctly and not sit flush.

·
Registered
31,583 Posts
A retard can do it. Theres no special way to take these off. Literally just unscrew a few screws and pull it off. Be careful though because these panels are prty cheap and break easily. Mine has tabs and shit broken off(not from me) and now my door panel wont bolt on tight. Also, sometimes the panels warp because of heat and age so they might fit like shit. Go to any auto parts store like napa, or even an autobody shop for the xmas tree fastener. If u don't use the right one or line it up right it wont snap in correctly and not sit flush.
Um. In one breath you say nothing to it just pull them off, and then the next breath you say be careful they break easily. Which is it lol.

I would never think they are thin and cheap, nor that they break easily. Unless you miss a fastener and still try to pull it off. Operator error there. You also need to be careful at the top at the weatherstripping to make sure it disengages esp at the stanchion. Other than that, yes, they are quite simple once all the screws are out, wires disconnected, and the xmas tree fastener popped loose.

·
Registered
402 Posts
theyre easy to pull off, just gotta be careful lol My door panels look like they've been run over by a truck. They don't fit right anymore, tabs are broken off, and it looks like someone has overtightened the screws a few times so the panel has gouges where the screws go. Apparently the car was painted before so im assuming the body shop had no clue how to take door panels off...Ill post pics of mine later so u can see how bad they are. Ill prby purchase new ones down the road because mine are all flimsy and look like junk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a door panel removal DIY? Have searched and found nothing.
Car Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Steering part

Thanks
There are 2 screws once you unscrew you can just pop it out, but be careful there is a lot of wires behind the door panel.
1 screw behind the door opener pop that plastic peace out you can see it.
1 screw under the hand rest. Right below the window button.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Bumper Automotive design

·
Landscaping Professional
14,198 Posts
Wrong Gen Viper. Yours must be annoyingly loud with loose change and writing instruments rattling around in the door pockets that don't exist on earlier models.

• Haha
Reactions: RobV and 8.0L>1.8T
1 - 13 of 13 Posts