Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about buying a car lift to double the storage space in my garage. I have seen three types advertised:

Double-Park
Revolution
Backyard Buddy

Does anyone have experience with any of these?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Gofast,

Good question. I have looked at a number of them. Can't really decide yet, but I am leaning towards this one scissor lift .

I just don't feel safe with a 2 post lift, and the other lift you mentioned is more for storing. I want mine to be very solid and provide me with the ability to work on the wheels and the underside of the car.

I kind of like this lift.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Micheal,
I like that lift. I bet you could make ramps on each side to park over it. Do you know if they will come down on the price?

·
Registered
458 Posts
For over 15 years I have been using a Forward Mfg. of Ft. Worth, TX. 7000 .lbs 2 post lift. They are great, you will never work on your back again. Very solid, very stable, even had one of my duallies on it once. If you have the space, get one, best $2500 I ever spent.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Ego Racer said:
Micheal,
I like that lift. I bet you could make ramps on each side to park over it. Do you know if they will come down on the price?
Ego, I know the price is pretty steep. I have called a couple of these places and find that they can negociate usually around 500$ less than advertised. They are often ready to pay for the shipping too.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I use the Double Park lift. I like it a lot. It's a four post lift and you dont need to anchor it to anything. You can mount wheels on it and move it around too, although I havent tried that yet. There are photos of it in my gallery.

-Manny

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Yup, if ya have the room go for a two post lift. I have just over 11 foot cieling, works great. I wanted to be able to get the wheels off also.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Manny_C said:
I use the Double Park lift. I like it a lot. It's a four post lift and you dont need to anchor it to anything. You can mount wheels on it and move it around too, although I havent tried that yet. There are photos of it in my gallery.

-Manny
Manny ... does your lift have the ability to be able to left from the frame thereby allowing you to remove the wheels??

Thanks,
Lance

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
No, but you can place jacks on the lift and raise it that way.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm getting a Cytech Double Park in 11 days!!!! They are bringing it to a Viper brunch in Michigan for display all the way from Kansas. I hope they get 20 sales. Then they take it to my house, wheel it off the truck and I'm done! Unreal! Reasons why?

1. I asked everyone for opinions and spent hours searching forums for lifts
2. NEVER heard one bad thing about them from people who bought one.
3. They'll custom make anything you want such as stop heights for low clearance or pad widths/thickness, etc. for almost nothing
4. Best customer service imaginable
5. Uncle has had for two years, perfect
6. They'll deal a little on price, not that this is something you want to go after the cheapest price
7. Viper drives right up on ramps, truck under, double parking
8. Easy to get wheels off ground by lifting up, positioning 4 jack stands on marks I'll make on the floor and lowering. It's that simple.
9. In case you want Viper up really high with wheels off, use jack trays they sell, place bottle jacks and easy lift.
10. Wheels allow you to roll around if needed

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
You wont be sorry. I am probably going to get a 2nd lift when I pick up my next car so I can park 6 cars in a 4 car garage.

·
Bitches be crazy!
329 Posts
Thin Man said:
Manny ... does your lift have the ability to be able to left from the frame thereby allowing you to remove the wheels??

Thanks,
Lance
When I want to change all four, what I do is lift the car up to the first locks (18"?), slide four jackstands under the frame, lower the four post lift until the car is sitting on jackstands. Works well.

·
Registered
533 Posts
This is very close to what I paid. Might want to consider a jack tray and an extra drip tray if you are parking under it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How much do they get for installation? I believe I paid $2300 for a Bend Pac 4 post lift including delivery. I did the install myself, but it's a piece of cake. From what I've seen all of the 4 post lifts are basically the same. If you ever watch Monster Garage, this is the lift they use. If anyone is interested I purchased it from americanautomotiveequipment.com. They were good to deal with and everything came as promised. What a difference working on a lift!

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think you could get the basic Cytech for about 3K delivered, I ordered a bunch of other stuff. I feel the Cytech has advantages over the others and I wasn't looking for lowest price when getting this. It's a few hundred for them to install and that wasn't something I was going to try after seeing the Vette fall off that other lift onto a car below.

Bottom line is, how much do you trust the company, how good are the welds going to be? The rest is all steel and cables.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts