Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,026 Posts
I think he is talking exhaust cutouts like the f-bodies run.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony has it right. A cutout is basically a plate that is removable off of the exhaust pipes, most often locateed before the cats or mufflers. It can be held on by bolts or you can get electric ones. The purpose is when the cutoutis removed, you basically have an open exhaust as it is routed out the opening of the cutout. When done you put the cutout back on and go back to your regular exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
i wouldnt think itd be worth it. especially if the viper already has aftermarket exhaust.

itd be a damn fine noisemaker though

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Sounded like shit on my car when they were open... I was actually embarassed to pull up to the line with the car sounding like that.

But that was with OEM ex manifolds. With headers, open cutouts might sound like Fudge's car...(?)

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I think it'd be much more worth it on a turbo car. Have them installed in the pipe behind the sills pointing downwards so you don't have to chop a hole in your side sill, and have an ugly plate sticking outwards.

I run dual cutouts directly after the turbos on my WS6. They spool a lot faster, and make some extra boost on top. That and you can hear the car whistling before you ever see it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.