Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a \"CHP 11-99 Foundation Membership \"??

Based on the run of bad luck I've had lately with speeding tickets I'm considering buying an "Annual CHP FOUNDATION Membership"..I heard from a buddy that the CHP will usually cut you some slack when you get popped for speeding.

Has anybody on the VA had any luck with this ??

Here's the info from there web site..

Membership Application:

The membership is made up of people from virtually every profession and business throughout
the state. The CHP 11-99 Foundation receives its revenues from membership dues and donations.
We also host various fund raising events in both Northern and Southern California. These events
give our members the opportunity to meet each other, as well as the CHP employees themselves. At
one event in both Northern and Southern California we present scholarships to the dependents of CHP
employees.

MEMBERSHIP PACKAGES

LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP

Personalized Membership Plaque and "Gold" Card

Lifetime Members are awarded an Engraved Membership Plaque and Brass "Gold" Card. This handsome Plaque's base is made of richly grained walnut with a hand painted CHP 11-99 Star Logo. The inscription is engraved with your name, date of membership and a message from the Commissioner of the CHP. The plaque measures 10" wide X 14" high and will proudly announce your Lifetime dedication to our Foundation's goals.

Your "Gold" Card is thick solid brass that's been personalized and engraved with your name and Lifetime Membership Identification Number. It is then encased inside a pocket-sized split cowhide wallet (in black).

Lifetime Membership has its Awards...

• Personalized Engraved Award Plaque and "Gold" Card
• License Plate Holder
• Registration Holder
• 10% Discount on CHP 11-99 Fund Raising Events
• No Annual Renewal Dues
" Your personal contribution to the Fund would be greatly appreciated."
- Commissioner Helmick

Cost: $1,800 one time fee. $1,200 additional for a spouse who joins simultaneously

Package Includes:
Membership plaque, brass engraved membership identification card in leather wallet, plastic
identification card, license plate frame for vehicle.

Other Benefits:
Lifetime members receive 10% off entry fees to any of our fund raising events for their entries only.

ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP
Cost: $500 initial fee; $300 annual renewal - billed in December

Package Includes:
Membership plaque & plastic membership identification card.

California Highway Patrol 11-99 Foundation Membership Application

Contact the Foundation at chp1199.org to request an application for membership. Provide your mailing address and one will be mailed to you. You must be referred by a current member of the 11-99 Foundation and you must provide current member's name and phone number on the application.

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
Re: Does anybody have a \"CHP 11-99 Foundation Membership \"??

Honestly, the V1 is the better investment. The chp thing might help with the chps, but probably not for your local Johnny Law.

I would think it would almost be impossible for it to pay for itself - whereby the V1 pays for itself right away.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts

I've only heard good things about the program. Mark is right in that it probably won't do much with the local cops, but if you are on the highway quite a bit, then I would say go for it. That combined with the V1, you should be set. $1800 spread out over 20 years may not be so bad. I would pay $100 a year to not get anymore tickets from CHP.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts

So what prevents people from just taking a 11-99 frame and putting it on their car?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts

FUSCUCLA1 said:
So what prevents people from just taking a 11-99 frame and putting it on their car?
You have to show them the badge that you get (and it has to be in your name), when they pull you over. The badge will also work when you are driving another car that you may not have the frame on.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Nathan thanks for the feedback ! Mark your absolutely right about the V1..I drove to Carmel this weekend and my V1 saved my ass twice.

:cheers:

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

In Texas we have several different "false hope" investment stickers for our cars. We have the 100 club that gives to officers that die in the line and other window stickers that display our support. What has happened is that so many people have bought into the different clubs they no longer work. So now if you have an 100 club sticker you will get a ticket just because the cop wants to make a point about being an equal ticketier.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts

A friend of mine has got out of numerous tickets being a member. I looked on the website and you do have to be refered but I dont think that it used to be that way.

·
Registered
147 Posts

jeff my boy, how was the weekend. glad u didnt get too many tickets. when's the race???????????

chan

·
Registered
41 Posts

bribs usually work...
that or if your buddy happens to be a CHP
I knew tickets would be an issue for you ...
/images/graemlins/smiles

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts

jimandela said:
bribs usually work...
that or if your buddy happens to be a CHP
I knew tickets would be an issue for you ...
/images/graemlins/smiles
Have you ever actually bribed (i.e. slipped some cash to) an officer?

(holding out a $100 bill between two fingers) "Uhhh, officer, is this the special go fast pass I heard about around these parts?"

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Manny_C said:
(holding out a $100 bill between two fingers) "Uhhh, officer, is this the special go fast pass I heard about around these parts?"
:rofl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts