Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
932 Posts
I was running high 13's in my Lightning when it was stock.

Granted it weighs quite a bit less but Dodge is boasting pretty big right now with the SRT Ram - I'd like to see 'em actually back it up.

The thing should run high 12s but I haven't seen much better than the C&D time yet either...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea the fords are not only light but very narrow, not nearly as much wind resistance. My friend has a 00 Dak RT RC that pulls off 13 Flat... Its still all motor, but he changed Heads, cam, intake, TB, and PCM, all under 4K though. Id just soon buy a Dak and set it up like that (Thats a 4 Speed auto too /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,099 Posts
I saw one in Texas with 200 miles on the clock turn a 13.1, not bad for a 5000lb brick. :thumb: I'd love to have one as a daily driver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
I would think low 13's would be realistic with that size truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
PRVT JET said:
Didn't Tom welch or someone from the viper community run 12.7-12.8 in a stock srt-ram?
Indeed he did. THe Truck was not his but belonged to 9seconds steve Ulinger (SPelling?) it happenned in Bowling green on average prepped track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I just got an srt-10 ram after trading in my lightning...My honest opnion isnt goign to be very popular here but I will share with you what someone who has had both feels...the lightning seems to have been much better engineered, is quicker more agile and in general alot more fun to drive...the ram seems a bit sloppy the wheels are way too big and I can tell the dodge engineers werent paying much attention to the 78 pounds each wheel and tire weighs when they considered this truck will be used and hitting imperfections in the road...u get alot of kick back from these wheels hitting ruts or whatever..its also very big feeling and doesnt give you much confidence when you drive it. The stick shift reminds me of a big diesel tow truck...it just isnt very sporty...it sort of jiggles over bumps and doesnt handle nearly as sporty as its claimed...HOWEVER...I see it has tons of potential and I plan on seeing how far it will go...Im definitely getting much lighter wheels, either turbo or supercharer..I will lower it for sure...and...I plan on making it an automatic...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
408 Posts
I'll keep my Lightning, thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
agentf1 said:
I'll keep my Lightning, thank you.
DITTO. i bought my lightning new for 31k and have put another 5k into making it faster (that includes my stereo mods, etc). i am now running 12.25 @ 110 mph in the quarter and have gps'd a top speed of 145 mph. how much do the ram srt-10's cost? i believe they sticker for like 50K. screw that! for that kind of money i could buy a Z06, and i already did /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 

·
Out to lunch
Joined
·
10,532 Posts
Fast Freddy said:
agentf1 said:
I'll keep my Lightning, thank you.
DITTO. i bought my lightning new for 31k and have put another 5k into making it faster (that includes my stereo mods, etc). i am now running 12.25 @ 110 mph in the quarter and have gps'd a top speed of 145 mph. how much do the ram srt-10's cost? i believe they sticker for like 50K. screw that! for that kind of money i could buy a Z06, and i already did /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
Die in a GM steering lock fire.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
nohsreg2000 said:
Fast Freddy said:
agentf1 said:
I'll keep my Lightning, thank you.
DITTO. i bought my lightning new for 31k and have put another 5k into making it faster (that includes my stereo mods, etc). i am now running 12.25 @ 110 mph in the quarter and have gps'd a top speed of 145 mph. how much do the ram srt-10's cost? i believe they sticker for like 50K. screw that! for that kind of money i could buy a Z06, and i already did /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
Die in a GM steering lock fire.
fucking retard doesn't even know that ford makes the lightning. he thinks its a GM vehicle. :dumbass:
 

·
Out to lunch
Joined
·
10,532 Posts
Fast Freddy said:
nohsreg2000 said:
Fast Freddy said:
agentf1 said:
I'll keep my Lightning, thank you.
DITTO. i bought my lightning new for 31k and have put another 5k into making it faster (that includes my stereo mods, etc). i am now running 12.25 @ 110 mph in the quarter and have gps'd a top speed of 145 mph. how much do the ram srt-10's cost? i believe they sticker for like 50K. screw that! for that kind of money i could buy a Z06, and i already did /images/graemlins/laughing.gif
Die in a GM steering lock fire.
fucking retard doesn't even know that ford makes the lightning. he thinks its a GM vehicle. :dumbass:
There you have it folks. The Epistle of Ignorance by Fast Freddy. Braggart, kicked off the set of Miami Vice for fashion violations, Banned from every barbershop in the country, and the proud owner of a vette, obviously not made by GM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
This site is BS the times im seeing and also the comparisons! ive had a 01 and 02 lightning and just bought a black srt 10! And i have to say their is no fking comparison what so ever, the ram srt 10 is in a league not even close to the lightnings! My lightnings were fast but this ram is fking sick! I dont know what drags youve been to but i have seen two rams run 12s bone stock, with general drivers, hot days, spares taken out and other small weight! And i dont know bout you but my lightning only ran high 13s and 14s stock! Their is not fking comparison! Just think what 5 g into the srt motor is going to do once performance parts are out, 12s will be the norm for srts, easy! Lightnings take big dollars to get them in low 12s etc! i dont even know why they are being compared, lightning is more comparable to a hemi reg cab ram! Get ral on this board! And dodge drivers ran 12.9s in 1/4 mile, and that number was straight from a cert srt mechanic, at the dealer when i bought my ram! Stop comparing the two, once youve driven the srt on the road, and have driven a lightning before, you will see their is not even a close comparison in the two! my srt ram is nasty! i mean nasty! And that video on here of teh ram geting blown by a lightning is junk, that guy must have missed two gears (oh yeah, by the way, my GF could run the same time as me in my lightning, its an auto, who the fk cant brag a good time any biatch can run times in an auto, takes no skill) anyway, that guys missed a few gears, lanched horrible, and if you look close that lightning ran a low 12, it must of had about 650HP, and was nothing close to a stock lightning and the ram ran a 15+ (obviously either staged, to make it look bad, or just a really novice horrible driver against a heavy modded big money lightning) cause after driving both, just like every mag says, they arent even comparible ram is disgustingly fast and nasty!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm

Notice the ram srt 10 recorded time on this track, 13.016 flat on a bone stock vehicle! Id say that is pretty impressive! And a bit better than the so called times posted on here! Get real, SRT ram is nastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, and not even comparable to ligthning! Would you let ur girl drive the srt, NO, would u let her the lightning , yes, which can she handle, lightning!etc! and so on!

13.017 @ 107 mph, niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Anyone know where I can find aftermarket parts for my srt 10?? Chip, exhaust, Air intakes, flywheel, clutch slave, nitrous???? I want to get it to about 600hp, quickly, does anyone have any ideas or comments, complete with links for where to buy the parts and what parts to use! Also , ive taken out the spare tire, and was wondering if their is any other uneeded weight i can get rid of in the truck! All input would be very appreciated!??? Please provide links where i can buy HP producing parts for this truck, chips, intakes etc??? or any of your own ideas! headers throttle bodies????? I hope some of yu know where you can get this stuff! Only thing hennesey has is intake!
thanks!
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top