Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
$92?

Not worth it, no...but I'd be willing to bet that SOMEONE out there is gonna win the lottery and decide that THIS is the one for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,601 Posts
A 2000GTS is worth, what, low 50's? I don't think he even has $40k of upgrades if you added up the MSRP of the parts.

This guy is asking a premium price for his car, and then he added up the receipts for the $$ he spent, added in a few more grand, and that's what he's asking.

Won't sell for even close to that. He'd be lucky to get $65k for it, IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,153 Posts
SRT Mike said:
A 2000GTS is worth, what, low 50's? I don't think he even has $40k of upgrades if you added up the MSRP of the parts.

This guy is asking a premium price for his car, and then he added up the receipts for the $$ he spent, added in a few more grand, and that's what he's asking.

Won't sell for even close to that. He'd be lucky to get $65k for it, IMO.
my thoughts exactly :screwy:
 

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
13,280 Posts
Ive never seen a supercharger package like that. I wonder who did that. That does not look like the paxton kit, and definitely does not look like a DLM or Heffner system. So basically some shop just made it for him on a one off basis. Its a nice car but does not even have custom rims. I would say $70K TOPS, but $65K would be more in line. I think a Heffner, or DLM car with wheels and tires, with similar mods would fetch $75K
 

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
Joined
·
18,149 Posts
ORIGINAL OWNER of 2000 GTS Viper dynomometered at 730 Horse Power

Black Exterior with Factory Silver Stripes and Unique Factory Cognac Leather Interior

Paxton Inter-Cooled Supercharger and Performance UniChip

StopTec Big Brakes

Eibach Springs

Roll Bar

Kenwood Music Keg

Clifford Alarm System with Black-Jack Hi-Jack

Wireless Cruise Control

Hard Wired Valentine One Radar Detector

Corsa 3 Inch Exhaust

Forged Pistons and Rods with a Balanced Engine

New Clutch Assembly

Custom Shift Knob

Engine Cooling Fan with Adjustable Timer When Engine is Turned Off

Tinted Windows

Only 750 Miles on the Performance Up Graded Engine and Clutch

Vehicle has NEVER Been Raced and Has Been Stored Inside, Never used in Rain

PERFECT and IMMACULATE CONDITION
***********************

That is the new Patxon kit isn't it?

I wonder who did the work? DC is in Ca. is he not?
Where is Marin county anyway?





Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
13,280 Posts
Jerome said:
ORIGINAL OWNER of 2000 GTS Viper dynomometered at 730 Horse Power

Black Exterior with Factory Silver Stripes and Unique Factory Cognac Leather Interior

Paxton Inter-Cooled Supercharger and Performance UniChip

StopTec Big Brakes

Eibach Springs

Roll Bar

Kenwood Music Keg

Clifford Alarm System with Black-Jack Hi-Jack

Wireless Cruise Control

Hard Wired Valentine One Radar Detector

Corsa 3 Inch Exhaust

Forged Pistons and Rods with a Balanced Engine

New Clutch Assembly

Custom Shift Knob

Engine Cooling Fan with Adjustable Timer When Engine is Turned Off

Tinted Windows

Only 750 Miles on the Performance Up Graded Engine and Clutch

Vehicle has NEVER Been Raced and Has Been Stored Inside, Never used in Rain

PERFECT and IMMACULATE CONDITION
***********************

That is the new Patxon kit isn't it?

I wonder who did the work? DC is in Ca. is he not?
Where is Marin county anyway?
It doesnt look like the paxton kit. The production paxton kits have different intercooler setups and the intake system definitely looks different. It looks like the inlet tube says "vortech" on it in the picture. Maybe that was added after the fact? Unless this was a prototype unit, it doesnt look like the production paxton kits ive seen.
 

·
Sexist
Joined
·
44,358 Posts
20,000 miles and 730hp and then he adds the following line... "Vehicle has NEVER Been Raced and Has Been Stored Inside, Never used in Rain"

Uh huh. Sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,494 Posts
Definetly looks different than the newly released Paxton.

He's from Marin County. His only chance at that kind of money is one of his neighbors buying it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,597 Posts
Chuck 98 RT10 said:
20,000 miles and 730hp and then he adds the following line... "Vehicle has NEVER Been Raced and Has Been Stored Inside, Never used in Rain"

Uh huh. Sure.

And driven by a little old lady from Pasadena who never took it above 4,000 RPM's either no doubt.

/images/graemlins/laughing.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,579 Posts
These are Pesos correct? We're not talking about american dollars are we?
:rofl:
 

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
13,280 Posts
Jerome said:
Says Novi on the blower itself. Looks like a water to air i/c also.

I will look for pics of the Paxton setup anyway.
Youre right it is a Paxton Novi. The bracing for the cross tube looks similar to the production Paxton kit. The Water to air intercooler and the plubming looks different. Its also strange how the intake tube is a Vortech piece, otherwise I would be guessing that this is one of the prototype Paxton cars? I HEARD there was one (I may be wrong) that lost an engine, and had a new one built with JE pistons etc, this may be that very car? Thing is, I believe that was done by a shop in SOCAL I think. Who knows...
 

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
Joined
·
13,280 Posts
Notice how that car has stock injectors? Those stock injectors are good to only about 650rwhp. Most high horsepower cars either use additional injectors or top mount fuel rails for any number greater than 700rwhp. I think the 730 HP figure that is being quoted is probably closer to 620 rwhp. The car is strong, but not all that strong. Which makes me wonder why he needed to rebuild the engine? It was a creampuff, but at only 620 rwhp do you think he lost the stock pistons to warrant a rebuild? Its just speculation but do you think he did it as a safeguard? If this guy was going through that expense then why not send it to Heffner, or DLM to begin with?
 

·
RIP - Gone But Not Forgotten
Joined
·
18,149 Posts
One thing that could have happened, the car was a prototype as you said and went "pop" during development. Thus the reason for the rebuild. If he did it as a safeguard he must have been looking for big numbers. So why use the stock injectors? You said they are stock, I can't tell from looking at the pic but take your word for it, you would know. Could you use the stock injectors and a Boost a Pump? I think the injectors would max out before they would flow that much wouldn't they? They would just go static...

If it is 730hp at the crank est, then it is what, about 640 rwhp? It can't be 730 at the wheels.

That setup looks crude, like an experiment.

One thing is for sure, he spent too much money on it and now wants to get it back. Not going to happen.



Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top