Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Out to lunch
10,516 Posts
I love Panteras. Awsome concept that should have takwn off better. It was really the only other car I considered when I bought my Viper. I have seen some awsome panteras with 345 18 tires on the back and a twin turbo 460. I would not mind seing a revival of the Italian bodied american V8 cars. Perhaps a new Pantera with a CHEVY LS1 or the like. Panoz hit the nail on the Head in my opinion (Although an american co)But something needs to be done with the panoz looks(IMO) I would love to go to Panoz racing school. Got to love exotic bodied cars that handle very well and you can pick up motor parts at Wal Mart!!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have always loved the Pantera. Theres only a few older cars out there I really like and the Pantera is one of them. Theres a video on that site that has a Pantera reving up and it sounds good! The video is corny as hell, but its the engine pur that makes it sooooooooooooooo good. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
AUSTIN said:
I have always loved the Pantera. Theres only a few older cars out there I really like and the Pantera is one of them. Theres a video on that site that has a Pantera reving up and it sounds good! The video is corny as hell, but its the engine pur that makes it sooooooooooooooo good. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif
I love Panteras. Where's the video? I can't find it.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MotorCityMadMan said:
AUSTIN said:
I love Panteras. Where's the video? I can't find it.

http://www.panteracars.com/grp5517.html

Click on this link! :thumb:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Nice cars... Some of them were pretty pricey. There is a really nice one for sale at $105,000.

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
Great looking car with a badass american V8 under the hood. Perfect combination. I wouldn't mind owming one of the later model 80's versions.

·
Registered
494 Posts
nohsreg2000 said:
I love Panteras. Awsome concept that should have takwn off better. It was really the only other car I considered when I bought my Viper.
I'm with you. For me it came down to whether I wanted to start with 70's technology or 90's, so I went with the Viper. You can get a very nice Pantera in the 40's, even a complete frame off restoration. At least I could 2 years ago. Not sure how the market is now. Another good thing about them is they have bottomed out on depreciation and are on the way up, so unlike a Viper right now, they really are an investment.

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
KenH said:
I'm with you. For me it came down to whether I wanted to start with 70's technology or 90's, so I went with the Viper.
I felt the same way when weighing out my decision to go with a Viper or a Cobra replica. The ease of having a modern production hot rod is near priceless. I have a '96 RT/10 which still kept the drop in windows, no exterior door handles, and older dash layout. I did give up the option of side pipes for the gen2 suspension though, which I felt was worth it in the end. I can always add side pipes. I love all of these "features" and how basic it is. However, I also love how it is not tempermental. It always starts. It doesn't break parts and burn plug wires. It really seems like the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
One of my good friends is looking to sell his 1987 930 Porsche and get into a mid-80's Pantera GT5-S.

I too considered a Pantera over the Viper as I have always thought the Pantera was very exotic looking with American mucsle to back it up..... but in the end... the Pantera's seating postion ruled it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts