8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 95 RT10 delivered on Thursday.
It has 4 codes.
12 - normal battery disconnect
31 - evap
42- ASD
43 - multiple/single misfire

42 and 43 combined with my reverse lockout challenge made me think the O2 sensor wiring had melted, grounding the circuit and killing the reverse lockout and O2 sensor that I hear share a circuit. That combined with a burning plastic smell made me think my diagnosis was likely to be right.

So I pulled the side sill and came to find a replaced cat and Borla muffler and no down stream O2 sensor.

Does the 95 have just one O2 sensor per bank. I watched a Youtube video of a guy pulling his stock exhaust off of a 93 and I didn't see a downstream O2 sensor on it. I'm trying to decide between to possibilities: previous owner deleted the donwnstream O2 sensor or there never was one.

Do you think the problem is with the upstream O2 then?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
I'll take "Repair Manual" for $800 Alex! RIP

·
Registered
666 Posts
I do not own a gen 1 but cat monitoring was not fed mandated until 1996. The wiring diagram I referenced (Mitchell on Demand) did not show a down stream O2 for 1995 Viper.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The GTS has a penis, RT-10s have a vagina....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll take "Repair Manual" for $800 Alex! RIP
Ordered mine off of eBay prior to the post. Just excited to start on this journey prior to it arriving.
Misfire is clearly a bad 4 post coil as the 4 plug wires associated with it are getting little to no spark to ground while the others are fine. Ordered a fresh one, looking forward to having it run on all 10 cylinders.
The primary O2 sensor on the passenger side had a small short to ground. That is now taken care of.
Really looking forward to getting my factory service manual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do not own a gen 1 but cat monitoring was not fed mandated until 1996. The wiring diagram I referenced (Mitchell on Demand) did not show a down stream O2 for 1995 Viper.
The primary O2 sensor on the passenger side had a small short to ground. That is now taken care of. Thanks for the reply. It is appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts