Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the story goes....this is a UGR TT Build, 2006. It has an AEM and somehow uses the factory ECU for some other stuff. Car was "Supposedly" built as a 1500hp setup on a 522 cu in motor, last owner was really not ready for the power and had the car "de-tuned" to right at 1000 at the wheels. Car also has meth injection. The tuner was working at West Bend Dyno in Wisconsin, and they said that basically, they dialed out 7-10 degrees of timing across the board. Car seems to run pretty good, but incredibly rich, and it tends to stutter/jump/hesitate/stumble in the 2400-3500rpm range. Anyway, I'd appreciate some looks and comments on the attached cal file. It is an AEM EMS v1.19.

Attachments

·
Camel Farmer
9,841 Posts
The ECU only controls the alarm and door locks on a GEN II. I know as I have a GEN II with an AEM and also retained the ECO under the pass dash. I am not the one to check your tune however, in fact I need mine tweaked myself.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The fuel table doesn't look right at the 24.24 kpa load row. The fuel amount drops going from 0 to 24 kpa load, the jumps up a 60 kpa. And this happens to be the exact RPM you mentioned as being the problem area- 2750 to 3500. It looks like the row wasn't tuned. In those cells, I would average the 0 load and 60 kpa load and put them in the 24 kpa row.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Where are you located? Why not just get the car to someone that can tune it?

FYI there are no cars anymore (basically) that can have factory ECU removed. Factory ECU's tend to control way more than just the engine these days (i.e. dash, HVAC, radio, locks, security systems, TC, etc).

·
Camel Farmer
9,841 Posts
Damn I need help with my AEM file on my Roe GTS, maybe I will post it here

·
Registered
653 Posts
BTW, I'm not a tuner, I'm just good at interpreting graphs. Fuel just shouldn't fall off when load is increased.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn I need help with my AEM file on my Roe GTS, maybe I will post it here

I'm a little more interested in my tune and what is going on with the car. I would rather understand the problem/rationale behind what has been done to the tune, than to just write a check and "hope" it's right. If one of the reputable tuners would like to offer their services and spend time helping me better understand the how's and why's, That's the tuner that will get my check.

I also believe there are a ton of guys (and maybe a gal or two) on this board that might have just as much interest and might even want to compare tunes on similar builds, just to see how different tuners (and even the same tuner) might do things a little different.

And then there are those that just want to poke and prod, and I'm co with that, but let's keep it constructive, shall we?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the way, I contacted Kevin at UGR. He doesn't answer the phone, he doesn't return voicemails. He did respond to my email and basically said he can't tell me anything about the car because they no longer had those records, something "may have been changed/modified on the car", and to come see him when I wanted a TT Lambo.

·
Registered
198 Posts
By the way, I contacted Kevin at UGR. He doesn't answer the phone, he doesn't return voicemails. He did respond to my email and basically said he can't tell me anything about the car because they no longer had those records, something "may have been changed/modified on the car", and to come see him when I wanted a TT Lambo.

To my understanding they don't work with vipers anymore unless you were the original purchaser of the build. Internet and forum info, so it must be true...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts