Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is the back of your car like a dirt magnet. Every time I drive it, the back of the car gets filthy dirty.....seems like a combination of exhaust and road dirt. /images/graemlins/sad

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
Clint Sever said:
The GTS creates a vortex that swirls the air from under the car up to the rear, collecting a lot of dirt.
And the RT doesn't???

I wonder if a rear diffuser would prevent this???
G, I'm postive the GTS does it, but I think the RT is less prone to it due to the different shape of the rear surfaces. Yes, a diffuser would help immensely, well here, I'll draw a picture:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Clint Sever said:
G, I'm postive the GTS does it, but I think the RT is less prone to it due to the different shape of the rear surfaces. Yes, a diffuser would help immensely, well here, I'll draw a picture:

How is my RT less prone to it???

[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/215043/RearCaliperCovers.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
932 Posts
I double or triple up my coats of polish on the back of my GTS and that helps when it comes to removing the crap - I use a little 3M swirl remover when it gets really spotted or cruddy but I usually give it a once over with a california duster every 3 trips out or so. Takes a few seconds is all.

·
Registered
19,185 Posts
My RT did it and my GTS does it , drives me crazy. I always do the duster ritual as it is warming up , did it today , twice. I have heard about an anti- static cloth that a friend bought at a car show. He said that it kept dust from sticking to his show car.

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Snake Bitten said:
Clint Sever said:

How is my RT less prone to it???

[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/215043/RearCaliperCovers.jpg[/image]
G - I guess it's not, I just thought the rear shape of the GTS would make it more prone. I'm certain a diffuser would help, although I'm not entirely sure where to pick one of those up? Maybe some covert ops into ORECA headquarters /images/graemlins/laughing.gif.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
well, no matter what you do.. you are going to get a vacume behind the car... you need some major aero changes to fix that. a spoiler on the back doesnt help at all tho, it forces air up, and creates more of a vacume ( put a block in the water, and watch the swirls, now put a long oval, not as bad behind it.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.