Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm awaiting the arrival of my 2002 Gen 2 RT/10 (pictured below) in September. It will be registered in the Europeam Union and I will have two choices for shape/size of the license plate. Either, the US style plate as seen below, or an elongated euro-style plate.

To make the right choice could one of you measure the dimensions of the rear license plate recess (see arrows in picture below)?

The problem is that the local standard for the US style plates is slightly taller than a standard 12 x 6 inch US plate and therefore I want to make sure it will even fit.

Thanks in advance,

Anton

·
Landscaping Professional
14,159 Posts
There shouldn't be any issue. The problem is when you put a frame around a standard plate - they tend to rub at the bottom fillet. If yours happen to do that, you might just drill a little more clearance on the plate hole bottoms to raise it up a little bit.

The openings are designed to fit European spec wide plates.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, from what I see via a google image search it is possible with a euro plate, but it would require a hinge mount of some sort in order to use the keyhole for the trunk. Also different countries in Europe have different plate standards. The one in the picture below for instance in a UK plate and is oversized compared to other mainland European plate designs. That's why I'm looking for the exact dimensions of the recess. That way I can visualise if my local standard wide euro plate will sit right in the recess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts