Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Instead of band-aiding your over-taxed front brakes, get some rear brakes that do their share of the work. Re-sized OEM rears (did you know the non-ABS rears originally came from a Renault Alliance?) increase the piston size from 36mm to 40mm piston diameter and balance the braking without having to cut off any mounting arms, you retain the parking brake, re-use all OEM brake hoses and brake pads, keep the OEM look (uh, that could be good or bad) and do it yourself in an afternoon. Let me know if you want an info sheet, one page will explain a lot.

-Tom

PS Costs more than deflectors, but waaaayyyyy less than anything else.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom, Thanks and I do want info sheet, but I think it would not hurt to go ahead on the deflectors. They will help with the brake dust also along with moving more air. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
BR Duke - if I am correct, you are a Gen I guy. The Dilusi mounts don't work on Gen I (or didn't when they sent them to me way back when - unless they have changed the design).
The Porsche air deflectors can be used, but not w/ the Dilusi mount kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.