Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Suspended
25,637 Posts
Why would they purposely scratch the piston? Serious question.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
What are you talking about? What mess? The car was fine. It was Todds car, which he sold. The person who bought the car,put less than 600mi on it while living on Oahu. Had to sell because his wife's federal job was moving them to South Korea. I'm just upgrading the car to suit me.
I purchased an old RSI 2003 viper last year from a person that got it from Todd
Abrams at A&C" Unquote> NOT a build Todd did was my point. The fact that Todd might have sold it to some guy that then sold it to you doesn't mean it wasn't a messed up RSI build that Todd dumped for whatever reason. How did Todd get an old RSI Viper is the question and then what did he do or not do to it.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Abrams at A&C" Unquote> NOT a build Todd did was my point. The fact that Todd might have sold it to some guy that then sold it to you doesn't mean it wasn't a messed up RSI build that Todd dumped for whatever reason. How did Todd get an old RSI Viper is the question and then what did he do or not do to it.
Wrong! Todd told me he was anal. Went through the motor, installed "his cam" while he owned the car. NEXT!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Why would they purposely scratch the piston? Serious question.
To tell the customer there is an issue, use a blurry pic to sell the job, collect the money without doing the work. If it's not obvious by the vid that the head wasn't removed, I can't help you. People I've sent these pics a vid to, that have shops, and or work on engines, are shaking their heads saying "what a shame.

Reactions: 99RT10&GTS

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You are also missing the point. There was nothing wrong with the car. They didn't do the work on the bill,yet charged me for it. The head was not removed, the valves were not touched.

Reactions: plumcrazy

·
Suspended
25,637 Posts
To tell the customer there is an issue, use a blurry pic to sell the job, collect the money without doing the work. If it's not obvious by the vid that the head wasn't removed, I can't help you. People I've sent these pics a vid to, that have shops, and or work on engines, are shaking their heads saying "what a shame.

OK that makes sense. The blurry pic you posted is so fucking blurry I couldn't even make out that it was damage to the piston. Lol.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
When installing a new battery, never
tighten the hold down, so the battery can move freely!

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
When installing the awesome plug wires from JTSV viper parts, don't use these metal straps(2 already came apart) or the cheesy looking thin wire twisted. Use something decent and just add a nut on top.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'm surprised no one asked what endoscope I use. Aaron @ Nth Moto was so impressed with the clarity and price, he purchased one immediately.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry to see your project end up like this. It always sucks to see things go this way.

Did you discuss all these points and issues with Todd?

A&C Performance has been around for like 15 years. They are one of a handful of very well respected tuners in the Viper world. I have known Todd for over a decade and have seen him, countless times, bend over backwards for his customers. The things you are accusing him and his shop of sound so out of character as to invite disbelief. Of course, mistakes can and do happen, but to say that they purposely scratched the top of the piston thru the plug hole to get more money out of you…well, to be frank, it borders on defamatory and you don’t want to invite a libel suit. There are 2 sides to most of these stories…might this be the case here?

Again, it sucks that things turned out this way for you given how long the project was, but your experience is really on the polar extreme of what I and hundreds of others have experienced working with Todd and A&C Performance. I hope you get this all sorted out. Based on my own great experiences, I would still recommend Todd and A&C Performance.

And to anyone looking into their next tuner (whoever that may be), call them up and talk to them about what you dug up during your research…both the good and the bad. See what they have to say and how they address it.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Sorry to see your project end up like this. It always sucks to see things go this way.

Did you discuss all these points and issues with Todd?

A&C Performance has been around for like 15 years. They are one of a handful of very well respected tuners in the Viper world. I have known Todd for over a decade and have seen him, countless times, bend over backwards for his customers. The things you are accusing him and his shop of sound so out of character as to invite disbelief. Of course, mistakes can and do happen, but to say that they purposely scratched the top of the piston thru the plug hole to get more money out of you…well, to be frank, it borders on defamatory and you don’t want to invite a libel suit. There are 2 sides to most of these stories…might this be the case here?

Again, it sucks that things turned out this way for you given how long the project was, but your experience is really on the polar extreme of what I and hundreds of others have experienced working with Todd and A&C Performance. I hope you get this all sorted out. Based on my own great experiences, I would still recommend Todd and A&C Performance.

And to anyone looking into their next tuner (whoever that may be), call them up and talk to them about what you dug up during your research…both the good and the bad. See what they have to say and how they address it.
He knows and denies. You'd be surprised at people saying they got taken. I always supply undeniable evidence to back it up. Of course you will have people that don't work on motors, that are clueless at understanding the obviousness of my post, and they are reading comprehension challenged.
On a different note. Don't know who started this "Tuner shop" BS . It's an Performance/Automotive shop with technicians/mechanics. Tuning a vehicle is a small part of a shop, usually done by one person in the group. A lot more time is spend building, assembling, electrical, etc. Crazy how one person starts a word, and all the sheeple jump on the bandwagon.

·
Premium Member
19,296 Posts
So Todd is not the guy he says he is. Not surprised. I actually bought a car off ebay from him. He didn't like the price and refused to sell it to me. Made an excuse that his daughter listed it for him. In another situation, he enabled Tim Paulinski to steal an AEM computer from me, refusing to help in anyway. The man and his shop should be a avoided at all cost.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I thanked Jon B. for the gen4 oil pan and swing arm I had him send to A&C to install. Told him I checked the swing arm casting # with my endoscope and verified that it was a gen4 . Looking things over again today, and there it "WASN'T", staring me in the face!

·
Landscaping Professional
14,157 Posts
Damn. It appears someone took off a bunch of your trick parts and used them on someone else's build. That would even include OEM quality spark plug wire separators. Who the fuck bundles together spark plug wires with a metal strap and calls themselves a reputable high performance shop?

And - it would seem someone also left off one of your oil pan rail bolts .

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Damn. It appears someone took off a bunch of your trick parts and used them on someone else's build. That would even include OEM quality spark plug wire separators. Who the fuck bundles together spark plug wires with a metal strap and calls themselves a reputable high performance shop?

And - it would seem someone also left off one of your oil pan rail bolts .
With JTSV's plug wires, they are thick, plus there is a heat resistant sheath the length of the wire, similar to what they make the high temp boot protector out of(which I just added). It adds to much thickness to use factory wire looms, With these wires, no need to worry about any spark jumping, so I don't have a issue with bundling, just wanted something that didn't look so cheesy, and wouldn't come apart .

Reactions: ViperTony

·
Premium Member
19,296 Posts
That sucks, Todd is a douchebag/shitbag/scumbag..................... Pick one or all 3.

Reactions: GRCFORCE327
21 - 40 of 76 Posts