Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the same price, would you rather have an older diablo or a 360 Modena?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Both awesome cars, but between these two, without a doubt, a DIABLO. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
i have been thining the same thing. i have been looking at both cars. i test drove the modena. and i am going to test drive the diablo . i think the diablo is a nicer car and over all bad ass.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Diablo for sure! :nod: Like I've heard before, if your going to buy an exotic, those doors BETTER be going up.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I'll be the first 360 fanboy and chime in with a vote for the Ferrari.

I've actually been doing similar comparison shopping...well, kinda. I've been comparing a 360 Modena vs a 360 Modena Stradale and can't decide if the extra $ is worth it. /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
To me the Lambo and the 360 are two very different cars.

The Ferrari will be less worry than the Diablo. Easier to find people to work on it, more of them around, and the quality will be better. It'll get attention but nothing like a Diablo will and the Diablo is faster.

The Diablo. Very fast, raw, causes accidents in traffic from too many people trying to get a look. Anything pre 1995 you should stay away from. The 6.0 is without a doubt the best built of the Diablo line; updated interior; more power.. great car!

You will have one of the best cars around either way. Good luck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think Cherm is correct on his reasoning...and has some experience :bowdown: I'd rather have the Diablo. Either one makes a good second car to the Viper.

DN

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Nexus-6 said:

I've actually been doing similar comparison shopping...well, kinda. I've been comparing a 360 Modena vs a 360 Modena Stradale and can't decide if the extra $ is worth it. /images/graemlins/smiles
Nexus, what color combo are you looking for? The TDF with the matching blue inserts on the CS is a gorgeous car; get the shields too. But there have been some people in the Ferrari community that have gotten somewhat screwed over by FNA in regards to the Stradale, so be careful. But honestly, the 360 Spider with Challenge Grille, shields, lowered with a nice set of HRE's and Capristo exhaust is really a quite perfect car for less money and wait.

·
You mean Shenanigans
4,979 Posts
I'm gonna go with Nexus and second, or third, the Ferrari. I'd guess you could pick up a much newer 360 for the comaprable price to whatever Diablo you are looking at.

This is assuming you're not talking about the Diablo 6.0. If that's the case, I'd buy that.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Clint Sever said:
Nexus-6 said:

Nexus, what color combo are you looking for? The TDF with the matching blue inserts on the CS is a gorgeous car; get the shields too. But there have been some people in the Ferrari community that have gotten somewhat screwed over by FNA in regards to the Stradale, so be careful. But honestly, the 360 Spider with Challenge Grille, shields, lowered with a nice set of HRE's and Capristo exhaust is really a quite perfect car for less money and wait.
I keep looking for a black/black one...I just love the 360 in black...drooooooooool...........

I shouldn't even be looking! So it's kind of a half hearted attempt. If something came up that I couldn't turn down I'd probably bite.

Not a fan of the Spyder myself. Probably in the vast minority in that, but the coupe is just perfectly proportioned to me. The Spyder looks nice but I'm just not a roadster kinda guy.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I wouldn't call either car a commuter, but the Ferrari would likely be a bit more practical (at least it would cause less accidents). I've seen a few 360s here and there, but only one Diablo on the road. It's a real neck-jerker.

But the early Diablos were no faster than a base Corvette or 355, so they would be more for show than go. The 96 and newer models were quicker, especially the 6.0. /images/graemlins/supergrin.gif

I personally prefer the style of the 355 to the 360, and you could get a 355 Spyder (I like convertibles best) for less than the price of a base 360.
And the 360 Spyders are still way overpriced in my view.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I think the decision here is pretty obvious.

:nod:

BYBYC5 said:
I'd rather have the Diablo. Either one makes a good second car to the Viper.

DN
Somehow I think that if I bought a Diablo that my Viper would be making a good second car to the Lambo. /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

·
Registered
7,244 Posts
For me - if I couldn't get the last model or two of the Diablo 6.0 - I'd go for the 360 - either hardtop or Spyder - in black.... actually make that a Spyder with Tubi exhaust.... /images/graemlins/smiles

But there's no doubt - the later Lambo's are the hot rod of the two and have far more presence. But then the Diablo's are history now - so I'd flip a coin /images/graemlins/laughing.gif

Now if you asked about a Murcielago... well - then no comparison -

"Murcie Murcie Murcie!" /images/graemlins/smiles

·
Focus!
5,585 Posts
Nexus-6 said:
Clint Sever said:
Nexus-6 said:

I keep looking for a black/black one...I just love the 360 in black...drooooooooool...........

I shouldn't even be looking! So it's kind of a half hearted attempt. If something came up that I couldn't turn down I'd probably bite.

Not a fan of the Spyder myself. Probably in the vast minority in that, but the coupe is just perfectly proportioned to me. The Spyder looks nice but I'm just not a roadster kinda guy.
Have you seen the CS Black on Black with the stripe? It's a hot car - let me dig up some pics.

·
Registered
212 Posts
At the risk of being piled on, I personally like the 360 Modena F1 in red.
Too many Diablo's in rap videos IMHO.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are you kidding? Diablo any day. Maybe thats because I don't watch rap videos! /images/graemlins/smiles But than again,I would take a 512M over a 360 any day.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts