Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dedicated fuel supply for a nitrous system. suggestions please?

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im thinking more of a fuel cell or a separate pump to work just for nitrous, either would be bulletproof right

· Banned
2,657 Posts
Once in a rental car (metro). We used a $10 fuel pump and a 5 gallon bucket of race gas. Used a brick in the bottom of the bucket and a seatbelt to hold the bottle. It was so damned funny seeing a metor with 100 shot beating mustangs and spining 1/2 way down the track. AAhhh the good ol' days.

· Registered
5,085 Posts
V10 MOJO said:
im thinking more of a fuel cell or a separate pump to work just for nitrous, either would be bulletproof right
An RT-10 allows you to have a seperate fuel cell in the trunk, safely. Then wire the pump to the nitrous arming swich so it only runs when armed. It also allows you to run race gas in the separate cell for a little added insurance. It is a more costly solution but also better, IMO. Requires second pump, lines, regulator and cell.

· Vipers should be DRIVEN !
4,110 Posts
THE CHAD said:
Sounds safe. Unfortunately, I seem to remember doing worse.
Chad what would be worse ?????? Was your passenger holding the bucket in their lap, smoking a cigarette....

Inquiring minds want to know.....

Cudaman:flag:

· Registered
5,085 Posts
How about running the fuel solonoid off the test port on the fuel rail while your buddy sits on the floor (no passenger seat) holding the nitrous bottle and crossing two leads to engage the nitrous while headind down Honore Ave (with open headers and slicks). It is definitely more difficult to modulate the nitrous engagement with the flying-passenger-bottle-holder-wire-energizer mod. :lolcry:

Sometimes I just get a little too excited and have to try things right away. Luckily for Heffner, I don't live close enough or I would have been driving my car around as soon as he had the first turbo bolted on. /images/graemlins/toothy

· Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL that is some funny shit. i wanna know who the thinktank was that you "convinced" to sit in a seatless space and told, "here, hold this tank and touch those wires when i say GO", LOL

· Registered
5,085 Posts
Even funnier that he thought he could sit there after the wires were crossed. He soon found himself no longer in the space where the front seat used to be but in the space where the rear seat used to be. You think he would have been tipped off by the length of wire I gave him. :clap:

He took it like a champ and held the wires together until I said enough (on his head). /images/graemlins/toothy

He was actually a great guy. We all get a little carried away when it comes to cars (perhaps some more than others).

· Registered
5,085 Posts
We might have actually won/earned a Darwin Award if there wasn't that test port on the fuel rail cause I'm sure he would have been holding a bucket of gas too if we needed it. Or he might have been out of hands, leaving me to hold the bucket and drive with the other hand (it would be too dangerous to leave a bucket of gas sit in the car unattended :rofl: ).

· Registered
7,210 Posts
You can do a bigger fuel pump that will help. Walbro makes a good in tank pump. If you're going nuts with hp, (blower, turbo, etc.) you need to do a whole new fuel system. If you're just over 600, it wouldn't hurt to slap a Walbro in for extra safety. Not too hard, not too expensive.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.