Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A Luxury Once Sampled...
18,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search so fuck off...

Anyway I'm a dumbass and left the hatch cracked on my GTS while I was gone for a few weeks. Come back to a dead battery.

Question: Can I just hook up a trickle charger to the posts in the engine bay and not worry or do I have to pull the rear wheel and access the damn thing?

Thank you in advance for your quality responses. :thumb:

·
A Luxury Once Sampled...
18,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, we'll give it a go. If I have to buy a new battery what should I get? /images/graemlins/confused

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Die Hard Gold 78 Series

[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/215043/DieHardfortheViper.jpg[/image]
[image]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/215043/DieHardgoeshereintheViper.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I would rec. a new battery. I had the same problem...I hardly drive my car and one day I took it out and the battery died. Went home and charged it but it did not last long and I was stuck on the road. Die Hards are awesome.
Be

·
A Luxury Once Sampled...
18,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tips dudes! /images/graemlins/thumbs2

Do I set the trickle charger to 2 amps or 6?? /images/graemlins/confused

·
A Luxury Once Sampled...
18,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Battery is back to normal... Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 04 and went away for a week and when I came back the car wouldn't start. I didn't leave anything on. What drains the battery when it sits. Clock? What else? I put the battery tender on for the night and it started right up in the AM. Just wondering if i should get a shutoff for the battery or just leave the tender on when it sits in the garage between starts.

·
Donald Trump's Landlord
8,621 Posts
Not sure about the SRT's, but the Gen 2's come from the factory with a less powerful battery than the mopar replacement battery. I learned the hard way...but, as usual with Chuck Tator, I got the replacement under warranty!

How this bit of info found it's way into this thread eludes me at this moment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.