Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,343 Posts
Heya all,

Damian's obituary has been released and I thought I'd post a link to it. He was a pretty extraordinary young man and it's still such a shock to hear that he's gone.

Obituary For: Damian Johnsen Baer | Shellhouse Funeral Home/Shellhouse-Rivers Funeral Home/Shellhouse-Rivers Crematory

We sent a floral spray to the funeral home today on behalf of "Damian's friends at Viperalley.com". Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts; they must be struggling very hard with his death, as there is still no known cause. ):

·
Registered
548 Posts
Damian, and I work for the same contracting company that supports the troops in Afghanistan. Our work does require prior military experience. He was a Senior Intelligence Analyst and in our community that can mean a lot of things. We were on different contracts but I was lucky to finish the last two months of this recent deployment working about 20 ft in the same room as him. In my thread mentioning buying Ron's black 97 GTS I mentioned my location and Damian told me he was on the same base. The next day we realized we had been chatting at the coffee pot for the past 2 weeks. We discussed the drama at the morgue and the latest noobs have shit fits.
My unit lost 3 members on June 8, gunned down by an Afghan military officer we were trying to help. My LT I worked for took a round to his arm and was sent home early, so as a contractor I got play Lieutenant. Same incident, a MAJ lost his leg due to injuries. On scene, a very young CPL ended the shooter and I believe he is the reason those that survived DID.
June 15 a soldier committed suicide.
June 23 we lost a SGT when his vehicle struck an IED while they were clearing the route for others to use. He had gotten married 4 months earlier.
I was on my way home when a mutual friend sent me a message that he saw something disturbing, he sent me the SEAL of Honor link and I couldn't believe it. I had just seen Damian a few days prior. His passing hit me as hard as loosing my teammates. He and I didn't talk about work much. I wasn't aware he was a linguist otherwise we would have discussed DLI and FT Ord, Monterey, Bennett at Companos sandwich shop, Alvarado, Pebble Beach, Carmel etc. Coincidentally, a lot of linguists come from a musical background so seeing Damian singing opera...I giggled. Plum, I too wish we could have ripped into him over it. All we ever talked about was Vipers. He was planning on getting a Gen5 when he got home.
For those seeking details of Damian's passing, please stop asking. I don't even want to say anything because no matter what I mention or don't mention, someone will misinterpret or try to read between lines that aren't there. I will not PM any information so don't ask. His family didn't mention anything in his obituary and doubt they'd appreciate hearing it was posted on a public forum. For those that feel the need to get their fix, you have plenty of details of what occurred this year several lines up. Damian lived and died honorably. Please, let's honor Damian for his life and as one of our own.

·
Registered
11,146 Posts
He seemed like a helluva nice guy. We had repped each about a week before his passing. I hope he's racing with PMUM up in heaven...where the track's always dry, the DA always low, and the boost always high.

I hope his family's grief is assuaged by the knowledge of a greatful nation and the memory of their fine son/loved one. Heaven needed another angel for the choir's men section it seems.

·
Premium Member
10,841 Posts
Just saw this. Sad to hear. Always liked his posts. Thank you for serving our country, Damian. God Speed, buddy.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
RIP Damian thanks for all you gave.

·
Lost Senior Member
4,192 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts