1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both have their pros/cons:

Viper:

Pros
Raw power, great torque
Curb appeal/sex appeal like crazy
Exotic
Easy to mod, aftermarket already has serious performance packages although I would prolly keep it stock to daily drive...

Cons
Reliability for daily driving???

ZO6:

Pros
505 HP with a warranty
Great looks
Newest of the new when it comes to technology

Cons
Just another vette
Not as big an aftermarket, yet... (although i'd be dailying the car)

At the end of the day, i'm not sure which would be best for daily driving duties... Thoughts?
Peter

·
Registered
278 Posts
I hope you're not selling the Supra to get one of those? If its got to be daily driver I say get the Vette, just because I think it would be a shame to use an SRT-10 as a daily beater.Just my opinion Peter. See you at TX2K6! :nod:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
viper2004srt said:
if you have to ask this question, then by all means, the vette is the car for you
:ugh:

Personally I would go Z06, fixed roof, more storage space, sounds badass, cheaper, can get NAV etc...

The SRT is just a more expensive Z06 and as far as "exclusitivity" goes, it's just a dodge which holds the record for the only Viper model to shut down assembly due to swelling inventories.

Both are really fast cars but I would take the Z in a heartbeat.

·
Team Crown Recruiter
11,439 Posts
As a daily driver the Z06 does make more sense, and it looks like a great car.

I drove an 03 SRT when they first came out and decided that no way in hell would I give up my ACR to get one. The ride is much stiffer. The seats and brakes are awesome, but I didn't like the sight lines with the roof up, which would definitely be more of a hassle for everyday driving.

I haven't driven the new Z yet, but I was impressed with the last one when I drove it.

The bottom line......drive them both for a day and see which one will suit you better. I could daily drive the ACR, so it all depends on your own needs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I personally hate the new c6 vettes. they look goofy in person. the hood looks like it's been squished. Plus there are 1903282340842098342098234 out there already. A viper will get a lot more attention and be more fun to drive. if you want a comfortable easy to drive daily car, get a bmw 6 or 7 series :p But I think you want to have more fun.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
houstonT said:
Craig, thanks for the response bud! Keep in mind, I can pick up an 03 SRT-10 for around $60k, but a new Z will cost around $67k or so.... Food for thought...
Peter

My bad, I figured you were going to get an 06 SRT, I must have missed that. I really need to learn how to read it's in the thread title :D

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
solosier said:
I personally hate the new c6 vettes. they look goofy in person. the hood looks like it's been squished. Plus there are 1903282340842098342098234 out there already. A viper will get a lot more attention and be more fun to drive. if you want a comfortable easy to drive daily car, get a bmw 6 or 7 series :p But I think you want to have more fun.
In a daily driven car do you really want to attract a bunch of attention or have something you can't leave out of your sight???

·
Registered
33 Posts
Peter,
I can give you some helpful information on this subject, but would do it over the phone. I currently have a C-6 Vert and hope to have the C-6 Z06 by October. I've owned 4 Vipers and 13 Corvettes and they are both great cars. If the 2006 SRT Coupe ends up with more HP (wishful thinking) , I'll dump the Z06. If you don't have my number, call RSI.

David

·
RMPL
22,725 Posts
http://www.alg.com/ Automotive lease guide rates cars on their resale. The Viper gets a 5 star, the Vette a 3. The Viper may cost you half what the Vette does in depreciation.
The viper is a pain as a daily driver but you will always remember it. Doesn't part of you say "Wow, a Viper!!"?
Get the 7 year extended warranty, keep it stock and beat the crap out of it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Not sure if it got mentioned yet, but the biggest diff. is the fact the SRT-10 is a convertible! :cool:

Now, if that's not important to you, get the Z, as it's probably the better daily driver (room inside, climate control, options like Nav, XM can be factory-ordered, and it will go like a scalded cat.

If it were me, I'd get an 02-04 Z lo-mi used and save the $$ though.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Hey peter, have you driven either/both yet. I think that will "sell" you.

btw. I went with the Bl71 on the sup....may race it at tx2k6

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Super, I have not driven a new Z b/c it's not out yet. I have driven an SRT-10 but only for a short parking lot jaunt. I have however driven several 1000 rwhp + GTS's! :) I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, I have some time since the new Z doesn't come out until sometime in Sep. or Oct.

Congrats on the turbo set-up! I think you'll love it! 750+ rwhp should be no problem, I look forward to seeing it at TX2K6! You need to race the Supra in TX2K6 and the Viper at V-10 Challenge! :)

Peter

·
Registered
148 Posts
houstonT said:
Next... Newb, if you have nothing productive to say, keep your mouth shut.

:rolleyes:
-Newb? Guess I couldnt have posted under a different name thousands of times, right moron? And your pedantic retort to my post is productive?
I saw a funny joke (though its kinda true lol) on a stall the other day, it said "here I sit, my cheeks a flexin, squeezin out another Texan" LMAO :fist:

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
viper2004srt said:
-Newb? Guess I couldnt have posted under a different name thousands of times, right moron? And your pedantic retort to my post is productive?
I saw a funny joke (though its kinda true lol) on a stall the other day, it said "here I sit, my cheeks a flexin, squeezin out another Texan" LMAO :fist:

Isn't that the same unoriginal "Corkyism" you were blowing my way on another post, almost word for word? I guess now you've mustered up the brain power to include words like retort and "pedantic". How fucking ironic that a guy that copies his own posts calls someone else pedantic, meaning unoriginal. So who is the pseudo intellectual now? I'm sure we can expect even more pearls of wisdom spewing from you as future, " Big Words For Mental Midgets," books on tape come your way.

http://www.viperalley.com/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/503635/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
I'd rather push a Viper than drive a Vette. Even though I'm not too hot on the looks of the new Viper. I think the new Vette is fugly too. I guess for resale you'd be better off with the Vette if you are going to put a lot of miles on it. Since it seems a lot of Viper owners never drive their cars and hence most have relatively low miles. But many people use Vettes for daily drivers so the high mileage wouldn't hurt resale as much.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.