Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Albert Chlouber built this for me last year. We never used it as we were able to get into the 8's without it.

Inlcudes: Gen 2 intake manifold, complete custom direct-port nitrous system installed underneath the intake manifold. All Nitrous Express parts and high-flow solenoids. Blow out special price: $2500.

Other direct-port Vipers have run mid 9's on built motors at 150+ mph. 300 rw hp is the minimum power level you can run. 400-500 rw hp is also available. System will require custom fuel system.

This complete direct-port intake is sitting in the corner of my office and can be sent COD anywhere.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The minimum power setting is limited by the smallest jet sizing. You may be able to go a bit lower to say 200-250 rw hp by lowering bottle pressure, but that makes it even harder to have consistent power levels at the track.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
So do they not make smaller jets, or do they just not come with this intake? I have no clue why I'm bothering you over trivial shit like this! Just wondering. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Looks like a bitch to fix when things go bad. I had direct port on my viper and switched from 10 potential failure points to just 2 in the front.

·
Schadenfreude Connoisseur
13,280 Posts
superbar said:
Looks like a bitch to fix when things go bad. I had direct port on my viper and switched from 10 potential failure points to just 2 in the front.
]

Not exactly the type of mod for those queezy about a tad bit of reliability or some wrenching. If you want to go fast, youve gotta make some concessions.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
BigCarrot said:
So do they not make smaller jets, or do they just not come with this intake? I have no clue why I'm bothering you over trivial shit like this! Just wondering. ;)
Well, bear in mind that you have 10 seperate jets there. A "regular" NOS system would only have 2, and I don't think you could go below, say, a 50 shot (which would be 25hp per jet). Multiply 10 of the smallest 25hp jets and that gets your 250hp. The jets are usually a little under-rated, so 10 of them is right around 300hp /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry, didn't mean to speak for John, but it's an interesting question!

·
Supporting Vendor
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THERE ARE ONLY A FEW GUYS OUT THERE RUNNING DIRECT PORT FOR GOOD REASONS. IT IS NOT FOR THE FEINT OF HEART. IF YOU WANT A MID-9 CAR ON THE CHEAP, ITS THE ONLY WAY TO GET THERE.

PERSONALLY I LIKE THE IDEA OF HAVING BIG POWER AVAILABLE ALL THE TIME VIA FORCED INDUCTION. BUT THAT OPTION COMES AT A PRICE.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
NX just got done with mine. It took a month, and minus the intake, it probably cost about the same. I decided to grab my skirt and go with the bad boy setup. I can always put a REALLY big shot on it later if I decide to build the motor. ;)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I was at the track to witness TNT explode a couple times with a big shot from the tubes so either way there is always the chance of disaster. As long as it is rebuildable go for it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
N20 is only as good as the installer. I have seen many imports blow up from cheap installs. Besides TNT I have seen many backfires and intakes blown up because of throttle body injection. Direct port seems like the way to go, faster cars, and more efficiency. But what do I know, I'm just a side kick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts