Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the current stock tire and rim sizes that come on a Viper?

What is the best all around tire right now for both handling and longevity?

I don't want some super soft 5K mile tires, or some super hard 100K grandpa tires either! :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone was BSing me about a viper the other day, and told me they went to 20s, seems to be industry norm.

I am putting the 345/30ZR 18s on the back of my Coronet BTW- I am pushing it to get 245s up front however LOL

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
ram, the stock tires are just fine, what are your plans for the car other than daily driving?? what yr viper??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Coronet is being built as a "triple threat" car that is so en-vogue right now- Handling, drag racing, top speed. Sooo, to bring the 69 Coronet up to Viper performance, well, alot of things have to be done. Power is the easy part, getting it to the ground, not so easy. I have a 400 stroked to 471 with stage 6 heads and an EFI six pack system (that last part is still in developement) that should make an easy 500hp. Kiesler 5 speed. ARP locker rearend in an 83/4- gears to be determined after the tires are under it! Probably 3.73s though, thanks to the 5 speed.

It is not that hard to make an old mopar torsion bar set up really handle though- look at the one lap valiant- which defeated quite a number of Vipers in the contest- a pretty nice pic of them passing a viper at 183mph was in mopar action! As you know, the viper brakes will be up front on 12 inch cordoba rotors, tubular upper control arm, re-inforced lower control arm, solid strut rod, biggest torsion bars they ever made, biggest sway bar I can fit, schocker star shocks, poly everything. 245/45ZR 18s on the front, and the biggies on the back.

It will appear to be a stock 440 six pack R/T in viper red color with the exception of the big rims, and the same for the interior except for aftermarket guages in the rally dash and Corbeu (sp) seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.