Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that the viper tech that installed the crower rockers on my gen 1 used the stock pushrods. I have always thought that you had to change the pushrods to have the correct geometry. These things are coming off my car none the less. I am trying to see if it is really worth it to replace them with new RR's or just return them back to stock and not worry about them. I do plan to get my car to around 600HP or so in the future with a s/c or nitrous. Trying to figure out if I should take my $1000 that I save by using the stock rockers and put it towards n2o or s/c.

martyb

· Registered
3,847 Posts
If you are going with a s/c of nos, strengthen that valve train with some Jesel or T&D (or Mopar) rockers and some hardened pushrods.

· Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone ever had problems with the stock rockers?? I hear of people dropping valves and doing damage with some of the aftermarket ones, but I have not really heard of issues with the stock steel units. I want to do this once and forget about it!!

· Premium Member
605 Posts
martyb said:
Has anyone ever had problems with the stock rockers?? I hear of people dropping valves and doing damage with some of the aftermarket ones, but I have not really heard of issues with the stock steel units. I want to do this once and forget about it!!
I can't recall ever seeing a stock rocker arm failure. I have seen Crowers have some problems. Here is a link to a post I did with some pics of failed Crowers. Look at the valve damage as well as where the rocker arm rollers have worn into the rockers.

DW

Crower rocker arm pics

· Premium Member
20,180 Posts
I have a NEW set of Mopars if you want to upgrade to a better rocker. Check the classifieds or PM me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.