Dodge SRT Viper Forums : ViperAlley banner

Crazy people

3K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  USPWR 
#1 ·
Is it just me or does driving a viper attract every idiot behind the wheel to screw with you. I was driving home from dinner when 3 guys in a Saturn decided they wanted to agitate me. First they were shoved up my ass on a two lane road, and then as soon as we hit a passing area they had to show off and go around me and cut me off. Then they slowed down to the point I had to go around and then they got beside me again and wouldn't go away. I finally had enough and put some distance between us. A couple of miles down the road, I was just running with traffic when they appeared again. They got beside me and were acting like fools again, so I slowed down and they ended up in front of me. I started to take the next off ramp and they went off too. I waited until they were too deep into the ramp, and then I shot back onto the road. As I did, they were hanging out the window giving me the finger and yelling. They went to the top of the ramp and crossed over to come down the other side...but by that time I was long gone.

#3 ·
Get some BIG power and then you won't have to worry about them for long. With 800+ rwhp you can hop galaxies in a viper.

BTW, mine is black....so although it still gets attention, it is a bit more stealthy than the red i was originally going to get.

What color is your viper?

#8 ·
Paolo Castellano said:
Pa Viper, when they start that shit I just givethem the brakes and cut them off within an inch of their life. Once they see that, they will stay far away from you, I guarantee it. Fuck 'em.

Most people are cool, the assholes deserve the red carpet asshole treatment rolled up their asp!
C'mon, Paolo, would you really put your snake at risk in order to teach a worthless asshole a lesson? Not worth it!

#10 ·
PaViper.......My Man!! I'm from N.E. Pennsylvania....is that what your name implies? Maybe it's the same jerkoff in a black Vette that almost killed me (and my Viper) about a week ago. (see my recent post "what's up with these Vette guys") Probably the same wahckoff, and he's UPGRADED to a Saturn now!! Do what I do......carry a big bag of M&M's in the glove box....and when they tailgate you.....chuck a handful out your window all over their car.....really makes them back off on a hurry. ( a pack of bb's works even better)
Hang tight, Bro!! ( Another big snow is on the way here near Allentown!!)

#13 ·
Retro-active abortions should be legalized!! Damn, I love it!! Hey....PaViper, have you plowed your driveway with your Viper yet??? /images/graemlins/carrot

#14 ·
People behave strangely when they're jealous. Defense mechanism?

The thing that's the most aggrevating is this: Chances those bastards would act that way had one of them been ALONE in his car, with no buddies to back up his dorkiness, are slim-to-none - he most likely never would have started anything. He may have even thrown you a compliment.

#15 ·
I feel your pain. Some jackoff was trying to race me in a stealth ES about a month ago. His passenger was hanging out the window and everything.

#18 ·
Rarely do I have that kind of trouble. Usually it's some dip that wants to run me. Take Craig's suggestion. So I took this dipshit onto a 270 degree upramp and watched him crash in the rearview. It was hilarious. The Vipers behind me saw the aftermath and we've been laughing about it ever since.

#19 ·
I feel you guys man. Living in the Aloha State of Hawaii, most of these numb nuts hardly see one, so when they get a chance they try and pull something stupid. Just last week I had a ass in a stupid Z-28 SS (which I could probably demolish with my Durango) came right by me and rev his engine and cut in front of me. The other time on the freeway I had a jerk off in a lame ass BMW 325 ride my ass. Then I downshifted to 4 from 5 and I was gone. This is what I do when some dumb ass messes with me...I slow down and wait for them, when they get dumb I tell them to pull over on the side of the road and we can settle it. Most dumb asses who act like a big shots in their cars are actually a bunch of pussy. But I guess looking at a young asian guy with a Viper might make them think I am part of the of the mob or something so they don't pull over...hahaha
All kidding aside, I usuallay get messed with by cars that know that they have no shot, like Camaros, BMW, Toyota Trucks, Civics, and the like...so I just let them go and have their fun. Cause most of these hoodlums don't deserve your time and consideration.

#20 ·
I have issues every time I tow mine to the track. I have an open trailer and normally stay in the truck lane. The problem is that people will pull up alongside the trailer and stare at the Viper. Meanwhile, I'm closing on the traffic ahead of me and have nowhere to go with the numb-nuts behind me staring at the car. Sometimes, I just turn on the blinker and start drifting into their lane. They get the message soon enough.

#22 ·
Similar situation last April on the New York thruway (upstate). A couple of guys in an old chevy pickup truck (early 80's rust bucket). Problem is they kept playing cat and mouse, had no tailgate on the back with a load of sand in the truck. So when they raced to 85-90 and passed me every bump was throwing sand at the front of the car. I finally got pissed and blew by them at about 110 mph, got off at the rest area and never saw them again. I could see the Fuckin' ******** laughfing at me. /images/graemlins/gasthrower.gif

#23 ·
Like I said, get used to it, cause all of us have those stories. For the most part, as people said, the response is good but there is always some jackoff that needs to show you his true colors.

True story: stopped at a red light a few weeks ago, a soccer mom in a mini van pulled up next to me. She had her windows down, as did I. She puts it in neutral and starts revving at me. I look over and she's smiling at me. I busted out laughin and gave her the 'ol "that thing got a hemi?" hahahah. Sometimes people are great.

#24 ·
PAVIPER,

It must have been that the moon was in their phase, just a planetary thing.

"Saturn,trying to get up Uranus."

Sorry it happened to you, but I loved your off ramp trick, and you have learned Viper Evasive Manuevers #101 very well. As noted, most folks will be great,but there are always those "Lost in Space" kinda drivers...........

#26 ·
It happened to me a few times with a carload full of yahoos. I'd always do the same thing. I live in a smaller town near a larger town with alot of countryside in the area. Usually it's when I'm driving the twelve mile road between towns that people do these things. First I speed up like I'm scared and running away. Then I slow down amd watch them creep up from behind right as I'm nearing town so that they can see me pull off into a suburb. If they follow me then, I meander through the suburb initially driving as if I don't know I'm being followed. Then I start leaving the suburb and head down some back country road, no streetlights, no people. As I'm leaving the suburb and heading out to the country I'm driving in a manner that let's them know that I know that I'm being followed. Speed up, slow down, let them catch up, let them ride my bumper, speed up etc. Then I get going at a reasonable speed daring them to follow me. No one has yet. They must feel pretty stupid with their friends having followed me this whole way feeling like studs to now have to chicken out and turn around. When they turn around I go a little further and turn around myself so that they can see me do it. None have turned back. They probably think I'm packing. Well, maybe I am, maybe I'm not, but they don't know. On a dark enough and deserted enough road I'd be willing to let them find out though. After all, a bunch of young guys forcing some guy in a nice car off the road at night, well, a man should be able to defend himself, shouldn't he?

Anyways, it's always fun to find out who has the bigger balls
especially when no violence is involved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.